PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

Rovering1
01-27-2007, 09:03 AM
As I was pulling in to work yesterday my ABS, TC & Hill Descent lights came on all at the same time (00 Disco II). A dealer said it might be the brake switch, but the brake lights are working fine.

Any ideas?

JBRIII
01-29-2007, 01:18 PM
could be several things. Did they hook it up to the Computer System? Might be an ABS Sensor or could be the ABS Modulator or a variety of things.

Rovering1
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Their initial thoughts were over the phone - I hope to get an appointment to hook it up to the computer soon. Their understaffed and overbooked.

JBRIII
01-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I've just read a lot of posts about folks who try to replace vaious parts and it ends up costing more in the long run. Unfortunately the only way to tell is by the computer that only the dealer or high end shop has.

slvrdiscoII
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
I just had the same thing happen to my 03 discovery and they first replaced the shuttle valve switch which has something to do with the ABS. They said 90% of the time it is the problem but also can be related to the ABS main system. well it didn't fix the problem and they replaced the main ABS system, under warrenty, thank god, and was all no charge. I have had no problem since.

Rovering1
01-30-2007, 07:20 AM
I just had the same thing happen to my 03 discovery and they first replaced the shuttle valve switch which has something to do with the ABS. They said 90% of the time it is the problem but also can be related to the ABS main system. well it didn't fix the problem and they replaced the main ABS system, under warrenty, thank god, and was all no charge. I have had no problem since.

Any idea how much it was w/out the warranty? I don't think I would still qualify for warranty work.

slvrdiscoII
01-30-2007, 09:23 AM
They said the shuttle switch was about $200. I'm not sure what the replacement for the ABS system was. I think the warrenty time frame for land rover is 48months

Rovering1
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I think the warrenty time frame for land rover is 48months

I'm definitely out of luck then. Looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer to run the computer on it.

ceasark
06-17-2007, 12:46 AM
So you can actually replace the shuttle switch without replacing the whole modulator??

Anyone has more info on that?

cnaveaux
06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Mine was a wheel sensors, front right side of the abs system. The fix was a new updated sensor and was covered under warranty for me. It took the dealer about 20 minutes to replace, no problems since.

Drillbit
06-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I have several good used abs modulators, ecu's and sensors around. I still recomend going to the dealer to have them tell you exactly whats acting up but their parts prices are enough to ruin your day.

jrp33wc2
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Mine was a wheel sensors, front right side of the abs system. The fix was a new updated sensor and was covered under warranty for me. It took the dealer about 20 minutes to replace, no problems since.

Check out this website concerning the three amigos. Very informative.

http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html