PDA

View Full Version : 94 D90 Clutch Problems -Help Wanted

kurtwac
06-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello. I am new to the Defender world and have a 1994 D90 POE 133k and just started experiencing clutch problems. I purchased this D90 a few months ago and I believe the master cylinder is leaking. I am not too mechanically inclined so I am looking for someone in the Maryland area who can help me make this repair. I need to learn more about what keeps these trucks running so working along side someone is what I am looking for. The job pays and beer is always provided.
:thumb-up:

Rob S
06-20-2009, 10:24 AM
You can replace the clutch master, flex line, and slave cylinder all at the same time as the ingress of dirt/debris has probably contaminated that whole system. You will have to take the pedal box out, so take the 6 bolts out from inside the car, and gently bend the brake line so you can snake out the clutch pedal box assembly. On a bench you can refit the new master cylinder and follow the procedure for adjustment after you have changed the slave and flex line. Be sure to leave the slave cylinder push rod in its place and use the correct fluid.

Guinness
06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
as for the fluid...use Castrol GTLMA