PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania 2010

Roverlab
08-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi!
I'm travelling to Tanzania for the first quarter of next year and would like to make good use of my automotive skills, specifically Land Rover, while I'm there.
Anybody have any suggestions or contacts they would recommend?
Thanks!
Trevor Griffiths

msggunny
08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
For here or in Africa?

Contact my buddy Mick Farmer at On Course Uganda, he does a lot of Africa specific training. Of course its in Uganda and not Tanz.....

www.oncourse4wd.com/

I may have miss understood your question though...

Roverlab
08-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Cool site!
Back in the day when I was racing, I would supplement that money pit with working for the racetrack's in house driver's school which also included anti-terroist/motorcade training. Good times. Wrecked a few cars learning and teaching those skills.

We'll be based in Tanzania for the entire trip and wanted to get involved in helping an aid organisation with Rover repairs in that area.

Dino
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Cool site!
Back in the day when I was racing, I would supplement that money pit with working for the racetrack's in house driver's school which also included anti-terroist/motorcade training. Good times. Wrecked a few cars learning and teaching those skills.

We'll be based in Tanzania for the entire trip and wanted to get involved in helping an aid organisation with Rover repairs in that area.

Wow! That sounds exciting. Have Fun.

Roverlab
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Nervous and excited: a rare opportunity as our by -then 5 year old likely won't be able to go on a trip like this once he starts the school years; on the other hand I'm leaving my only 3 year old business unattended for 3 months!

T Square
11-26-2009, 08:14 AM
trevor

once you get there you'll find a whole host of organizations who are doing field work and could probably use a hand. world vision is a big one youre likely to see or hear about. also care, save the children. i would just drop into their offices once you get there and intro yourself and see if they have any field trucks in need of some love. ratio will be about 3-1 on toyotas to land rovers though. good luck. let us know how it goes once you get there.

also...something youre going to love are the african side of the road mobile garage set-ups which consist of a set of ramps and an acetylene torch. those guys can fix anything. if you get a chance to climb mt meru or even kilimanjaro while youre there go for it. arusha is a cool town with lots of good music. have a great time. i'll be in timbuktu, mali in january and if i make it down to tz i will shout!

jte