PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting heated seats

tiger
02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
The seat heaters on my 93 LWB don't work. The switches on the dash light up, so power is at least getting there, but, for starters...where are the fuses or circuit breakers for the seat heaters?

hollerlwb
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
My 1993 LWB has the same exact problem.
The fuse is located in the rear of the front passenger seat. It is a yellow fuse in a row of fuses. My fuse was fine, and the heated seat lights go on, but the seat still does not heat up.

I have not fixed mine yet as my heater is not blowing and its too cold to fumble around with heater or seat fuses right now

Let me know if you come up with anything

rover-r-us
02-08-2007, 01:12 PM
The seat heaters on my 93 LWB don't work. The switches on the dash light up, so power is at least getting there, but, for starters...where are the fuses or circuit breakers for the seat heaters?

i have the same with my 95RRC.got power to the seat but no heat.all fuse ck.ok and i know the power going to it.might be the webing in the seat? who know...

Les Parker
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Have you checked for continuity on the heater elements?
Also check the relays (2 yellow ones) situated at the right hand side rear of the drivers (lh) seat.
To repalce the elents is not too bad a job, as far a Classic repairs go.

Regards

:)

tiger
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Terriffic responses. Now I know where the fuses and relays are.
LIke yours, my heater is not blowing, so I'd probably better deal with that first...but at least I can check the fuses and relays, now that I know where they are.
There is a good page on rovers.net on how to deal with the seat elements themselves, if they are bad. You can either jump around the broken element(there is one for the seat back and one for the seat bottom, make up a jumper to go around whichever is broken) or remove the seats and actually repair the element(more hassle than I would be interested in getting into...)

tiger
02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Okay...under the passenger seat, from behind, I spotted two fuses. One was blown. Made no difference.
Under the passenger seat, from the side(removed the plastic panel) I found two fuses, one was fine, the other is a big 70a fuse that looked fine, too.
I did not find a row of fuses anywhere under the passenger seat...am I missing them?

o2batsea
02-09-2007, 11:38 AM
The fuses on the passenger seat side are all related to the air suspension.

singingcamel
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
its probably in the seat itself.
i would recommend a hot water bottle or heating pad with a lond drop cord.
:D kidding, costly to fix and will not last long..:D

tiger
02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
But I am wondering if I am getting accurate info as to where the fuses for the seats actually are? I am confused...

Rod Turnbull
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Not quite stock... however, it might get you through to the time of year that fixing things is a little less numbing.

Check it out. (http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672427&bmUID=1171076073093&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443294644&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true)

I'm sure they have something comparable at your local auto-parts shop.

Rod

daway
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
hey guys, i read this great info at lro about easy fix of the heated seats. they have the same info at rangerovers.net. i will be working on my seats this summer for the next cold MN winter.
http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14934

i hope its ok to copy/paste from another forum. to much info to re-type
hope this helps

edit: here is the link for the rr.net
http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/seats/seatheat.html