PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Misfires

dudley236
09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Getting service engine codes p1300,p0300,p0301,p0303,p0305 and p0307. I have changed the plugs, wires and coils,reset the codes and they come back after driving 5 to 10mins and once a while the service engine light flashes. When I step hard on the gas it hesitates. Any help would be great.

vansdonk
09-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I had that happen here a while back to my 04 Disco II. I ended up having to change out the ignition packs. Not cheap and not an easy job. But it worked and the codes didn't come back after reset and the hesitation left. Went ahead and changed the fuel filter and any thing else that would cause hesitation. If you don't own one, you should invest in the workshop manual on cd or paper. It will come in handy alot. I have one in paper that I don't use, but I did when I had the Disco I.

phantomracer
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Getting service engine codes p1300,p0300,p0301,p0303,p0305 and p0307. I have changed the plugs, wires and coils,reset the codes and they come back after driving 5 to 10mins and once a while the service engine light flashes. When I step hard on the gas it hesitates. Any help would be great.

Sounds bad. Sounds like the exhaust valves are sticking open, raw gas is getting into the exhaust (flashing light).

Most mechanics will say (told me at least) that it needs a valve job to replace/clean the valves that have carbon on them, causing them to stick. Had a bad case of this problem a while back.

Instead, I put a bottle of Techron 'Fuel system cleaner' in the tank. Withing 100 miles, misfire gone, hasn't returned.

Ilya
10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I had, have the same issue since the day I bought my car. I did the same thing as you, the only thing that helpped is oxygent sensors, 4 of them. 2 at the fron and 2 at the back. I still have service engine error but it realtes to purge valve. In addition make sure you are using primium gas and clean your fuel system. That would help with misfire.

akrockhound
11-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Could be the sticky valves..generally exhaust. Try the seafoam treatment though. Should be able to search here or LRR forum. You are going to add half can of seafoam into your intake manifold, let it sit for a while and start the engine. Lots of smoke but it will clean out your top end and injectors.

Adding a few cans of STP to your gas may also make the prolem go away for a year.