PDA

View Full Version : Trailer to haul LR2 or Disco II

SixthFlick
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Anyone have any idea on where I can buy a trailer to haul my LR2 behind my Disco II and vice versa? Any ideas on brand names or dealers?

I live in Walden, NY which is about 1hr north of Manhattan and 1/2 way in between Newburgh and Middletown, NY so something local is definitely good.

Are there some websites that I can look into for buying a fully wired trailer?

JimC
11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I live down in Highland Mills and bought a Featherlite from Trailer Depot in New Haven CT this last year. They're kinda spendy, but the trailer only weighs 1400 lbs, so its conceivable that you could put a vehicle on it and still be under the towing limit of the disco (5000 lbs I think?). I wouldn't normally consider an LR2 to be a tow vehicle for anything other than jet skis, but I haven't read the manual.

You're welcome to come down and inspect the trailer if you like.

SixthFlick
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Is yours an open or enclosed trailer?

Tim Smith
11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
If you buy the trailer from out of state, make sure it abides to NY law. I believe there are different rules about trailer brakes in NY as there are about them in CT. I found this out when a boat trailer gave up in Long Island and I had to run to the local boat supply for a new one. I forgot what the rules were though, something about not needing brakes unless the total load was up to a certain amount. After a certain weight, you must have brakes where in CT they aren't as strict.

Good luck.