PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Kit-what's on your list?

Wander
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM
The idea for this thread came up in the dark, dusty corner dedicated to Series Rovers. If this is not the best place for this, mods please move it where it belongs. I placed it here as my list includes a Land Rover.

So...with out further delay my lifetime kit list. (in no particular order)

Land Rover series IIa (check)

Barbour waxed cotton coat (check-I've had a Beaufort for over 10 years and still going strong)

Filson Mackinaw Cruiser (check-after years of wanting I finally bought one)

Good hat-(check-another Filson selection, the waxed tin cloth bush hat for flyfishing and the waxed tin cloth packer for other times)

Good pair of boots-I'm leaning to a pair from Russell Mocosin but still researching this one.

Split cane fly rod-this one will take some more time as they aren't cheap.

"All rounder rifle"-don't have this yet.

Classic double shot gun (check-my Grandfather handed down his LC Smith 16 to me-single trigger,28"barrells,3/4 choke rt, open left.

Safari grade duffle/luggage-not something you would use for business trips but seriously built bags that will out last you. Again I leaning to Filson for this one.

Offroad/Overland training-driving, first aid, etc.

and finally (for now)....Time. This will be the hardest one to "check" but I'll need the time to enjoy my kit and to explore. Time is in short supply these days.

This will be interesting.

badvibes
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe these "lifer" items aren't off a list but find their owners. I have a Buck folding hunter I got when I was 13, that's 37 years ago. It's been back packing, fishing, hunting all over with me. Still a favorite knife of mine, goes elk hunting with me every year. So I guess I'd put a decent knife on the Lifetime Kit list.

Jeff

Bertha
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Mag-lite and leatherman multitool

jrd51ox
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Old pair of Gokey leather boots. And I have to agree with Matt about Filson products, especially the tin cloth line, great quality that you can pass down.

Wander
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Those old Gokey's were indeed top quality.

Russell Moc's is the closest thing I can find these days-I heard when Orvis bought the Gokey name they had some of the Orvis labled product made by Russell.

stomper
05-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Dusting off an old thread, I would like to add a Roorkee Chair. This is simply the most comfortable and beautiful collapsable chair. Used by the British millitary officers during campaigns, they aren't cheap, but a must have in my book.

Wander
05-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Dusting off an old thread, I would like to add a Roorkee Chair. This is simply the most comfortable and beautiful collapsable chair. Used by the British millitary officers during campaigns, they aren't cheap, but a must have in my book.

I just got an FM Allen catalog that had these-they sure are beautiful!

stu454
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
For luggage take alokok at Saddleback Leather. A 100 year warranty says a lot.