PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Range Rover LWB 4.2 / 4.6

Jamie B
02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
For Sale: 1993 Alpine White Long Wheel Base Range Rover, VIN # SALHC1344PA637937, just shy of 165,000 miles. I purchased this vehicle in November 2004 from a Land Rover Service Shop in CT and believe to be the third owner. The vehicle was originally from the Northeast (NY / CT) area and driven to Florida. The vehicle is currently located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (33315). I have the clean title in my name without any additional liens and is ready for a quick and honest sale. Excellent off road conversion project, tow vehicle, parts vehicle or other.

The vehicle features a strong custom engine comprised of a 4.2L heads and a 4.6L block, built and installed by Classic 4x4’s in Fairfield CT (approximately 40,000 miles ago) and upgraded front / rear differentials. The air suspension has been entirely removed including all sensors, compressor, air lines, and is now fitted with medium duty springs and Bilstein shocks. Also features: stainless steel NRP “cat back” exhaust, new starter, new battery, new battery cables, new fuel pump & seal kit, new fuel pump relay, new high pressure power steering hoses and fittings, new coil, new distributor base plate and pick up leads, new remote mounted amplifier, new distributor cap, new rotor, new suppressor, new ignition switch, and new spark plug leads. New head lamp washer jets and hoses also fitted during recent bumper upgrade.

Recent rear brake pads and brake switch. Recent oil change and air filter. Recent fuel filter and local rubber hoses. New wipers. Front differentials are fitted with the factory grease conversion kits (no oil). Recent transmission flush and filter. The air-conditioning runs cold and strong. The A/C clutch relay has recently been replaced. Vehicle is fitted with Toyo Open Country tires.

The vehicle is fitted with professional compliant window tinting, rubber floor mats, black powder coated ARB front brush bar with winch mount (I had it powder coated) installed with new hardware, 2 Hella 3000 lights (*), new Alpine CDA9856 CD Head Unit (installed by Best Buy), integrated XM radio module & adapter kit (installed by Best Buy, XM radio operated through CD head Unit, no active XM subscription), four new Alpine SPS-10C2 speakers, Thule T500 / TLB65 cross bar roof rack system, and a range rover shop factory manual. Vehicle also comes with (at the option of the buyer) factory front air dam with lower running lights (not fitted, removed b/c of ARB), and chrome front bumper (not fitted, no end caps or mounting brackets). Factory sub-woofer, amplifier, and CD changer have been removed.

Fuel tank replacement / recall service has NOT been completed but does not show any signs of leakage or problems. Vehicle always run using 93 octane fuel during my ownership. Vehicle has not been off road or used for towing during my ownership. Vehicle not damaged in any hurricanes or subject to flooding.

Buyer also receives organized binder with vehicle information and receipts for all repairs, upgrades, and parts fitted during my ownership. Also included: vehicle manual & case and radio manuals.

Vehicle runs strong and recently tuned and inspected by a professional Land Rover Repair Shop. Over $825 spent in February 2007: Engine timing adjusted, misc system adjustments, and test driven, ready for your drive home or delivery to a shipping agent.
Rear cargo area has been sealed with a POR-15 painting system. Rear cargo cover (top & 2 sides), spare tire, and spare tire cover are in good condition.

Thousands have been spent on repairs, upgrades, and entertainment updates. Most service work completed locally at two rover / British vehicle repair shops. Many parts ordered directly from Atlantic British and Roversnorth.

Not every range rover is perfect. While a lot of money and service time has been spent on this one, it still needs or has the following: sagging headliner, loss of power mirror function, rust (bonnet, lower tailgate, firewall), requires engine mount replacement in future, slow head gasket leak in way of 4.2 to 4.6 alignment point, “sticky” bonnet release cable. Front passenger door speaker requires rewiring. Differential lock “light” on instrumentation cluster is illuminated (only recently, Feb 2007) – although I can not verify differential is actually locked.

Obviously too much to list and some questions may still exist. Please contact Jamie via email at jbenoit@murrayna.com (jbenoit@murrayna.com) or 954-445-7938 (nights) with questions or picture requests. Asking $4,500 OBO. You all know these vehicles and I have tried my best to outline its condition. Vehicle to be sold “as-is” and “where is” although I can make a local airport pick up or coordinate with a vehicle shipper as needed.

I am trying to list the car to the enthusiast market first, then we’ll try eBay.

(*) Hella harness is fitted with dash mounted switch and relay. Harness needs to be extended to reach lights fitted on ARB bumper. Vehicle comes with the lights and harness “as is”. Buyer to extend harness to suit new light locations.