X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breilstyle
    Low Range
    • Dec 2008

Rare Custom Special Vehicles G4 04 Discovery for sale

I am concidering selling my truck it is stored in a climate controlled storage..
    Special Vehicles 04 g4 Discovery
    arb front bumper..
    custom rovertym suspension..
    rovertym rocksliders..
    new starter..
    new mobile 1 oil...
    I also have new side decals..
    and a safety device roof rack (missing mounts)
    aproximately 6,000 miles on a new 4.6 installed by Land Rover!!
    vehicle has 80,000 miles..
    I have all service records from new including the window sticker..
    this has the G4 5 speed automatic transmission!!!
    cold climate package.. full rubber mats..
    perfect condition...
    email
    breilstyle@comcast.net
    248-756-3505
    $25,000
    to the right person...
  • j visci
    Low Range
    • Nov 2008

So this is an actual event truck?

Comment

• GriffSC
      Low Range
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by j visci
      So this is an actual event truck?
      the seller mentions "window sticker" so, clearly, it's one of the 200 '04 Disco G4s LR produced for sale to the public (i own one myself).

be nice to see some pics, especially of the "custom" suspension.

Comment

• j visci
        Low Range
        • Nov 2008

Hence my confusion. To the best of my knowledge the G4 sold here was not a LRSV and came w/ a 4 speed auto. I too own an '04.

Comment

• dcwhybrew
          Low Range
          • Nov 2006

Definitely not a $25,000 vehicle....

Good luck

Comment

• Breilstyle
            Low Range
            • Dec 2008

Hi, does your G4 have the 4 speed auto?
            this truck definately has the 5 speed..

Comment

• Breilstyle
              Low Range
              • Dec 2008

This truck was checked by Land Rover to be a Special Vehicles G4.. and they confirmed it is registered at Special Vehicles determined by the vin code..

Comment

• Breilstyle
                Low Range
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by GriffSC
                the seller mentions "window sticker" so, clearly, it's one of the 200 '04 Disco G4s LR produced for sale to the public (i own one myself).

be nice to see some pics, especially of the "custom" suspension.
                Does your truck also have the 5 speed auto?
                I did find one that also had a 4 speed..

Comment

• GriffSC
                  Low Range
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Breilstyle
                  Does your truck also have the 5 speed auto?
                  I did find one that also had a 4 speed..
                  4-spd

Comment

• Breilstyle
                    Low Range
                    • Dec 2008

Being a Land Rover owner for 12 years and owning many models.. from Series 1, 5 speed manual Disco's and autos.. I still own my first Disco 5 speed its been with me from coast to coast and we have had many great adventures, I have owned a 87 RR with duel square headlights and a 93 & a 95 LWB.. a 109 and my G4 and now I am soon to become the owner of a Special Edition Beluga Black 94 NAS Defender with hardtop and rare leather seats.. there were only 100 of these made.. and No I have yet to join a club or attend events, and I have often joked that in my town I have the hardest working Rover.. being close to wealthy Oakland co. Mi. we would pass the garage queen Rovers as ours was loades with workers, tools and towing boats and boat dock equiptment..I just recently joined this forum in hopes to find a new owner for my 109.. I realy thought listing it here I may find someone who appreciats it as much as I do...I do most all of my service myself, the local Orchard now has a 94 series 1 Disco after many years of inquiring about mine, I am now proud to see one on the farm in this small town.. it often amazes me how little respect these series 1 Disco's get being that they are exactely part for part Defenders with a different body!!! maby to someone else my G4 is not woth 25,000 but to me its worth more.. "so if you wanna drive a watered down ford than over pay for a LR3".. this is a quote from my friend and top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan.. but really we are all here because there is something we all love about our Rovers.. I also have wondered why I have not found another 5 speed G4 yet? but I'm proud to own one..I would not own a Disco without a diff lock.. and the 04 is the good by to the series II model.. so I wish you all one.. and I wish you all many happy miles for whatever reason you drive them....
                    Last edited by Breilstyle; 12-20-2008, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• msggunny
                      5th Gear
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Breilstyle
                      Being a Land Rover owner for 12 years and owning many models.. from Series 1, 5 speed manual Disco's and autos.. I still own my first Disco 5 speed its been with me from coast to coast and we have had many great adventures, I have owned a 87 RR with duel square headlights and a 93 & a 95 LWB.. a 109 and my G4 and now I am soon to become the owner of a Special Edition Beluga Black 94 NAS Defender with hardtop and rare leather seats.. there were only 100 of these made.. and No I have yet to join a club or attend events, and I have often joked that in my town I have the hardest working Rover.. being close to wealthy Oakland co. Mi. we would pass the garage queen Rovers as ours was loades with workers, tools and towing boats and boat dock equiptment..I just recently joined this forum in hopes to find a new owner for my 109.. I realy thought listing it here I may find someone who appreciats it as much as I do...I do most all of my service myself, the local Orchard now has a 94 series 1 Disco after many years of inquiring about mine, I am now proud to see one on the farm in this small town.. it often amazes me how little respect these series 1 Disco's get being that they are exactely part for part Defenders with a different body!!! maby to someone else my G4 is not woth 25,000 but to me its worth more.. "so if you wanna drive a watered down ford than over pay for a LR3".. this is a quote from my friend and top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan.. but really we are all here because there is something we all love about our Rovers.. I also have wondered why I have not found another 5 speed G4 yet? but I'm proud to own one..I would not own a Disco without a diff lock.. and the 04 is the good by to the series II model.. so I wish you all one.. and I wish you all many happy miles for whatever reason you drive them....
                      Well in that case, i hope you find someone who will pay $25K for it...

Posting pictures would help sell it by the way....
                      First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
                      77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
                      Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
                      04 DII
                      08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• Breilstyle
                        Low Range
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by msggunny
                        Well in that case, i hope you find someone who will pay $25K for it...

Posting pictures would help sell it by the way....
                        I'm not really interested in selling it, just thought if someone was looking for this truck then I would sell it.. it sounds like this one is a little different then the rest anyway..

Comment

• BackInA88
                          3rd Gear
                          • Dec 2006

If he was a little closer I would drive over and check out for you guys.

I saw this pop up as I am always looking for LR deals.

I would also be interested in finding this person "top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan" as I have yet to find one myself!

Steve
                          71 IIa 88
                          01 D2

Comment

• Breilstyle
                            Low Range
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BackInA88
                            If he was a little closer I would drive over and check out for you guys.

I saw this pop up as I am always looking for LR deals.

I would also be interested in finding this person "top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan" as I have yet to find one myself!

Steve
                            The first certified master Land Rover mechanic can be found in Birmingham.. I'm sure there is more now but Al was the first in the state and he is a great guy.. yes Land Rover Dealers are often hard to do business with and often very unhelpfull, but Al is a great guy and a great mechanic.. I checked the Discovery adds as I was listing my G4 and there is a $22,000 truck thats not a G4 or anything special.. but I really think every time I read this it mostly sounds negative.. this is only my opinion but thats how it always sounds to me.. someone is either puting down someone elses truck or the lack of mechanics or what someone else is asking for there truck.. not sure why, but this is probably why I avoid these kind of forums to begin with.. drive them if you like them and be happy for others who are enjoying life.. rather than disrespecting each other why dont we just say "hey sounds like a nice truck" "I also really enjoy my Land Rovers, maybe I'll see you around sometime" "safe travels" and I didn't list my G4 so others could "check it out if there close" I listed in case someone was interested in collecting it and appreciating it as much as I do..

Comment

• kevin-ct
                              3rd Gear
                              • Oct 2006

PLEASE post a pic of this G4. Maybe one of the gear shifter to show the 5 speeds. I also had one (as I work for Land Rover)

G4 is a fun drive until some one hits a tree!
                              Kevin

04 XJ8
                              92 RRC
                              02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
                              72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
                              70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
                              Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
                              90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
                              72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Comment

Working...