5th Gear
    • Jul 2008

The Birmabright Brotherhood is back!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.jp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	171111

For those of you are not familiar with the Brotherhood, it is a list of Land Rover owners that are willing and able to help fellow Land Rover owners in the event of a breakdown or other emergency while traveling far from home.

We are not prejudice with our Brothers; we accept all makes and models of Land Rovers.

What it is not, however, is a bulletin board, message board, classified ad space or chat room...There are lots of other places for that sort of thing. What it is, simply and profoundly, is a list of members that are willing to help fellow members in their time of need.
    We have tried to make this your one stop go to shop for all your Land Rover traveling needs.
    What are you waiting for?

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Last edited by crankin; 07-18-2012, 12:06 AM.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB
  • amcordo
    5th Gear
    • Jun 2009

Is it a cult?

Comment

• crankin
      5th Gear
      • Jul 2008

No more than ColumbUS.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• amcordo
        5th Gear
        • Jun 2009

Touche. Great job on the website though! Looks fantastic!

Comment

• Alaskan Rover
          Low Range
          • Apr 2010

Sounds great...I'm game.

I've driven across the continent multiple times in my venerable rover, both the US route and the Canadian route....and have completed numerous forays into thr Yukon Territory and the Nortwrst Territories, so I'd learned early on that road trips in a vintage Rover can turn first to an excursion and finally to a nearly biblical odyssey. Multiple breakdowns often become catalytic to such odyssey-like proportions.

Anyway, I've found that while on road trips, Series Rovers seem.bb to 'collect' other Series owners or former owners who, when they see a
          an old rover on the side of the road with its owner's head under the hood, are willing to syop and lend a hand in any way they can. I've been under the hood on various sides of roads in many different circumstances, such comes with the ownership (truly more like a marriage) of a forty-plus year old vehicle, and I've been helped by countless present and former rover pepple...even to the extant of been offered their spare room or yard for camping in while repairs are underway.UT

Thus, the Vintage Series rover family goes far beyond the obligstory hand wave.

I find- however, that Discovery/Range Rover owners that have no Series vehicles nor ever did, are automatically excluded from the vintage rover-driving 'family', as they drive entirely different vehicles of comfort and have no concept of the tribulations and also incredible joy of vintage Series rover travel...I don't really have a problem with such exclusion- and would never expect a wave from a Disco or Rangie owner, unless like many HERE, they also own a Series.

But so many of the others, those Disco/Range Rover owners who aren't part of these forums, are completely oblivious to a Series rover or even a Defender, and wouldn't know one from a Ford Explorer.

But for those of us that are automatically part of The Family by way of vntage Rover travel, a list of like-minded vintage Rover owners in various regions is a great advantage....I've kept my own such 'cross-country' lists for for years!!!
          Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 06-13-2012, 01:19 PM.
          1970 Series IIA 88".,...the REAL Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Comment

• crankin
            5th Gear
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by amcordo
            Touche. Great job on the website though! Looks fantastic!
            Thanks Tony!

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• martindktm
              2nd Gear
              • Jun 2008

Application done for me.

Comment

• Revtor
                2nd Gear
                • Apr 2012

On G&R, grill badges look like they're being made up..

---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• crankin
                  5th Gear
                  • Jul 2008

What I am planning on doing is let the membership grow a bit...Then I will send out a big mass mail to the members announcing that we have grille badges and we will do a pre-order on them.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• Rat Patrol
                    1st Gear
                    • Nov 2006

sounds good to me. theres not much around here...ask anyone who traveled the oregon/california trail ;-)
                    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Comment

• Lord Icon
                      1st Gear
                      • Jul 2008

I joined as well. Just kinda surprised that only one other is listed in the WHOLE state of NH....

1973 exmod SIII 88 George the third
                      2001 P38a winched and bumpered but no name...yet
                      Whence came you my brother ? From the East....

Comment

• stomper
                        5th Gear
                        • Apr 2007

I want to start off by saying this is a well thought out and awesome site. You did a fantastic job Crankin! I think this will bring the brotherhood into the 21st century. I am surprised there isn't anyone listed in Vermont yet! Out of curiosity, are we encouraging places like Rovers North to sign up? I know this isn't an advertising space, but they are certainly willing to lend assistance in a number of ways for us "Roverfolk".
                        Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• ThePhotographer
                          4th Gear
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by stomper
                          I want to start off by saying this is a well thought out and awesome site. You did a fantastic job Crankin! I think this will bring the brotherhood into the 21st century. I am surprised there isn't anyone listed in Vermont yet! Out of curiosity, are we encouraging places like Rovers North to sign up? I know this isn't an advertising space, but they are certainly willing to lend assistance in a number of ways for us "Roverfolk".
                          We at Rovers North have not left this thread un-read. We are all for the Birmabright Brotherhood and we'll be speaking with Clint shortly...

Cheers,
                          ZG
                          Zack Griswold
                          Photos/Sales
                          http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Comment

• slorocco
                            2nd Gear
                            • Feb 2007

It's great to see the list alive again. Love the new features. Hopefully it will get well populated. BTW, I'm in for a grill badge or two when you get them made up.

Comment

• crankin
                              5th Gear
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by slorocco
                              It's great to see the list alive again. Love the new features. Hopefully it will get well populated. BTW, I'm in for a grill badge or two when you get them made up.
                              Thanks,
                              Roger on that grille badge. Working on them now.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

Working...