Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceanside NY has an a** with a series

The jerk absolutely violated a contract and can be banned from EBay for that. Definately worth a pursue.
    94 D-90 tdi
    72 Series III

Sorry to hear of your experience! I just made a large purchase on eBay for my BMW, so I have been nervous waiting for the product. Luckily the guy I bought from has communicated well and so far so good...but I am always wary of eBay buys. Like you said, those that put profit before honor and integrity are the scum of the earth!

I've done a fair amount of business on Ebay over the years (all buying) and I've only had one bad experience. I paid for an item and never received it, contacted Ebay and came away with the impression that their only interest is with the sellers (that's where they make their money). Never got a resolution and the seller is still in business (a "Power Seller" in big type on his auctions). The only thing I could do was give a negative feedback, and pursue it through legal channels (for $30.00 it wasn't worth the hassle). So now Ebay is the "source of last resort" for me. Seems like they have all kinds of protection for the seller and for the buyer it's "caveat emptor".
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
    '47 CJ2A

Saddle up your Series!!! I'm calling in the Posee....... Okay that's a little extreme. It will all come back around on him and bite'm soon enough.

I'm the one this is about. I won the auction, sent payment, payment was returned no explanation, no contact. I sent multiple E-mails asking for an explanation.

This has evolved into he's saying $1000, pretty much non-negotiable, shipped. I won the auction for $355, I think $650 is too much for packing and shipping. He won't work with me on shipping as I have offered, and have a Rover business out here that I could get commercial rates thru for probably half what an individual rate is.

So really nothing I can do about it. Unless. Anybody near Oceanside, NY? On the map it looks near Brooklynn, just east of there. I would pay good money if anyone was close and wanted to pick the top up in person. I'd work with someone on this. In fact I'd pay $650 to someone to go pick it up and ship it to me. Cheapest shipping anyone could find, make as much on doing this as you could possibly. I'd rather pay anybody else than ****** ***** at this point.

Just a thought, I'm sure if I tell ****** I'll pay the $355 auction price and have it picked up locally he'll create some other excuse to back out of his agreement.

Oh well it's not like I don't have a full top already.

Jeff
    Last edited by acpatsouris; 08-16-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Jeff,
    Sorry to hear it worked out that way. I was in NYC last week, and would have been glad to go by. Oh well, maybe I should start posting up where I'm headed each month in case anyone on this board needs me to go club someone in the kneecaps with a baseball bat.

At least he sent the check back. He could have cashed it, then held the top hostage. He sounds like a dirt bag. Good thing he's not a thieving dirt bag.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

thixon-

Yeah I'm not out anything. Could be worse I could be one of those poor, stupid, J**p owners, ah wait a minute......

I am a J**p owner! Man I'm in a world of hurt.....
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

god will forgive you for buying a jeep, but i think he draws the line at those who say one thing and do another
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

So you're basically saying that the idiot put up an item in a no-reserve auction, didn't get as much as he wanted for the item and just sent your insufficient (in his eyes), winning bid back? Guess he doesn't believe in setting a reserve.

Probably not too ethical, but I might make sure I'm the winning bidder on several of his other current auctions, especially the high-dollar items.

No...I wouldn't do this, but I'd like think I would.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

i don't think he's an idiot, he's an a**. my guess is he didn't put a reserve cuz some bidders won't bid on items w/ reserves. he probably was thinking no reserve and i'll get a bunch of bidders and a bidding frenzy will ensue and i'll get a really good price but he was wrong, he placed his bet and lost than ran out without paying up, his word means nothing and he wanted jeff to send him a grand. if jeff had one or two things would have happened, he'd have thrown it in a cardboard box w/ duct tape and sent it the cheapest way possible and it would have shown up damaged and he would care or he was just bluffing, set the s/h ridiculously high hoping that jeff would back out and not be able to bash him on ebay
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)