Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 point seat belts in an 88 IIa

Default 3 point seat belts in an 88 IIa

WHere have you guys mounted the inertia style seat belt retractor in your series rigs. I have a set of inertia belts from a d-90 and would like to mount them in my truck but cant figure out a good place for the reels. Any pics or other setups out there.
    1984 D-90 Tdi
    71 IIa 88 Perkins Prima Powered
    1995 D-90 SW Tdi #413
    No Gas burner Here............

Randy

I had a three point, inertia setup in the 109" out of an older BMW. It wasn't a bad setup (I took it out when I did the resto and took out the BMW seats). The retractor reel mounted just behind driver's seat. It might be a little bit tighter setup on an 88" as the rear bulkhead could interfere.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

mine's mounted to my hardtop, which means no seatbelts when the top is off unfortunately

you could mount the reel on the top of the bulkhead behind the seat. the steel there should be good enough, the only problem is if you are going to take your top off the extra belt length not used to go up to the roof and down might jam the reel.

Any pics guys
    1984 D-90 Tdi
    71 IIa 88 Perkins Prima Powered
    1995 D-90 SW Tdi #413
    No Gas burner Here............

Randy

not the best but it gives you an idea. my seat belts are also out of an older BMW (strange!). They use the brackets which I believe you can buy from Rovers North that fit into the hardtop...

Default land rover seat belt kit

RN used to sell a kit that had all the mounting brackets and reels included. The reels mount on the back of the rear bulkhead using an L shaped bracket. There is also a guide that mounts on the top of the rear bulkhead to keep the belts from rubbing on the galvanized strip. It is a good kit and can be mounted in several hours. I've used it on two rovers now. Occ these kits will pop up on ebay. You might want to check the LR orphanage or LR series on ebay also.

Seth
    1966 Series IIA 88 "zebra"
    1967 Series IIA 109

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Thompson,

I clicked on the link and it doesn't list any prices only $ (must be expensive).

How much for a kit?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

and where is that lower bracket mounted in this pic? I don't get it...seems like an odd setup in this shot