Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving your comfort zone

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlug View Post
    Joining and print the list from www.birmabrightbrotherhood.org

Besides basic tools and cap/rotor/cond, oil and water (which should be in the rover at all times). Just go.

I bought my 2a ambulance after a 10 minute test drive, then drove it from north of Yosemite to San Clemente, about 400 miles. Sure it was a little slow especially over the Grapevine, but not too bad.

If you drive your rover regularly there is hardly anywhere I wouldnt go a a moments notice.

Jared

I just sent an email to join this and it was returned undelivered - their mailbox is full. Is anyone still checking this?

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    Is anyone still checking this?

Eh, that would be me. Gotta get back on that. I know I have about six-months of emails to answer.

Truth be told, the only call I ever received was from a guy that wasn't even a member. I really like the idea of the group but I'm not sure how useful it really is. Maybe I should start a thread on a few of the boards asking if this is still something us Series truck drivers are interested in.....

seems like a great idea to me, i'd sign up

To high jack this...
    If the Brimabright Brotherhood thing is still catching on good...
    I wouldn't mind getting a group order together for badges...similar to the "Bloody Knuckle Pub" badges...man, those things were nice. I saw one go on ebay for $100+ a while back.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    seems like a great idea to me, i'd sign up
    I spend a fair amount of time on the Advrider forum (motorcycle stuff). There is section there called "Tent space"....its just a spot where people can go in and find people on their intended route that are willing to let you camp in their back yard...maybe even let you stay in the guest room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedesrover View Post
    I usually bring all this stuff too.
    thank you for this. extremely useful. i have that busketboss canvas tool bag. love it.

the following excerpt is from SteveH on the land rover addict forum. a lot of this stuff would be covered in your general maintenance, but obviously should be checked before you head out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    I would make sure I have such basic consumables as fan belt,radiator hoses,something to stop radiator leaks(most auto shops have stuff for this), spare water pump, spare fuel lift pump,( or kits to fix along the way if you need them, maybe you can do a buy to return if not needed with your supplier, not sure what the situation is there) check all your fluids, radiator , engine, gear & transfer boxes, diffs. Carry spare top up oils & water, check & regrease wheel bearings if need be. All standard stuff but easily overlooked in the muddle of getting ready for a big trip.

Check the condition of your drive shaft universals, maybe a good time to unbolt them & check for full & free movement, almost impossible to do in situ. Grease them up wiggle them around, grease them some more. Take along a wheel bearing kit & hub nut spanner, 53mm box spanner , I think that J33ps have/had the same size, not expensive & worth their weight in gold if you need it, save butchering nuts with cold chisels etc. Try & make sure you have every tool you could need, by 73 the Landies were a fair old mix of metric, imperial & still the odd whitworth, I'm not sure which is which, I've got most of these & used them on my SIIa when I had it (sob!) but can't remember which was which & some things had changed when S3s came along. I guess some plugs, points, condensor & leads wouldn't go astray either.
    HTH, Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedesrover View Post

Eh, that would be me. Gotta get back on that. I know I have about six-months of emails to answer.

Truth be told, the only call I ever received was from a guy that wasn't even a member. I really like the idea of the group but I'm not sure how useful it really is. Maybe I should start a thread on a few of the boards asking if this is still something us Series truck drivers are interested in.....
    I think the concept is great! While the need may not be great, it's probably a thing were if it weren't there then the need would be. Maybe people just don't know about it...I know I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    To high jack this...
    If the Brimabright Brotherhood thing is still catching on good...
    I wouldn't mind getting a group order together for badges...similar to the "Bloody Knuckle Pub" badges...man, those things were nice. I saw one go on ebay for $100+ a while back.

Agree. But instead of normal badges, I'd suggest Camel Trophy style plates that can be attached to roof racks or in front of the radiator. Way cooler and more roverish. Could even hold a design competition for the end product! http://www.google.com/images?q=camel...N&hl=en&tab=wi

Default All Metal Dash Road trip

Anyone thinking of getting up to the All-Metal Dash weekend from the mid-Atlantic? How about you Virginia guys? Have not checked the mileage but it has to be 400plus miles from Norfolk.
    Hans Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    I just sent an email to join this and it was returned undelivered - their mailbox is full. Is anyone still checking this?
    I had the same thing happen about a weekago .Mercedes Jim when the bugs are worked out could you leave us a post somewere.