Thread: SOLD 1967 109 exMOD for sale

Default SOLD 1967 109 exMOD for sale

S O L D, thanks!

The auction site sale fell through. The only thing to do was to list it on Craig's list for more money

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/1938182076.html

However, I am willing to discuss serious, for sale numbers with anyone on the board. I've committed to a 67 88" and I'd like this to be gone before I pick that up.

Thx!

Please, someone pick this up fast before I have a change of heart, or wife.

Offered is my really fun 1967 109 exMOD. I believe it is a III, but titled as a II. I love it but I just don't have the time to devote or enjoy it.

In a nutshell:

109 ex MOD. LEFT HAND DRIVE! Usual MOD accouterments: two gas tanks, oil pan heater, funky lighting set up (head lights, tail, side, convoy or a combo) Pioneer Kit on tail gate, in-cab military fire extinguisher, big mother tires, plus a spare on the bonnet and probably a bunch more stuff.

Has full soft top (which will need a sewing or taping. There is a slit maybe 6-8" in the top, which has been there two seasons and not gotten worse, but it should probably be looked at.) There is also an exhaust curtain.

Other stuff: 3 seats (I think the drivers is delux) cages over the lamps. VERY neat stenciling, in cabin light, a pile of spare stuff, including a front (right I think) fender and lots more smaller stuff. I replaced the drivers window with a newer one and still have the old one with the parts box.

Upside, the engine is super strong. It is a beast. I just had it tuned w/ oil change in May too. Tires have probably another 50 years (!) of tread on them. It can just about go any place, as you know. I got 'stuck' once and that was resolved in 30 minutes of playing around. I would take this truck anywhere.

Here are some very off road pictures in Harriman Park:
    http://davidrose.us/0802LRHarrimanRamapo.html

And, it is a head turner. People have stopped and rang my bell these past years asking if it was for sale. (It wasn't, and I prefer now to keep it in the community)

Downside? There is always a down side. Electrical is weird in two things only. Intermittently only the temp and fuel gauge die. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. Probably just a connections cleaning, but I never found the time. The frame could use some looking after. Perfect in some spots (I had some professional body work done on some parts) and less than in others. For a Rover guy, I would probably recommend just swapping out for a new frame as these could be patched forever... The gears grind the usual Rover grind, IF you are Mario Andretti. If you are patient they slip right in.

I will be taking more pictures and post them soon, and can photograph anything in particular you want. Just ask.

Price? That's a tough one. In my heart it is a $20k baby. Being realistic, I would be looking at probably $8k. But lets talk before I lower myself and do the auction thing.

The truck is in the lower Hudson Valley and can be seen Sunday to Friday on rather short notice. Email me.
    Last edited by ducttape; 11-04-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: sold

Ok, the price? The ****ing? (which no, wasn't a dirty word. Put your Rover in the mud, not your minds! It's a word we use every day to indicate a sudden shortness of, ah, life)

Why no emails or interest?

Thx

Pm sent!

The auction site deal fell through. Still available and still willing to work a price for someone in the community.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/1938182076.html

Thx