Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Series III ˝ Ton Air Portable (aka “Lightweight”) - Restored

Mike-
    PA Blanchard has the entire assemblies listed as still being available (Item #1 on the diagram).
    RTC2229 = RH = 335 GBP
    RTC2230 = LH = 265 GBP
    Not too bad of a deal if shipping isn't too expensive.

excellent, thanks alot ! the existing panels are bowed and beat up... need to fix that...
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

First thought-impression was WOW! Secretly was hoping this was Tata's new rover for NA. How did you do the Desert Rat, by stencil, by hand, decal?

^^ I had decals made.

Remember, a restored Land Rover Lightweight makes a great Christmas gift!

My 68 Camaro restoration project is back in full swing, so my focus on vehicles has changed. The Lightweight has been tucked away in storage mode for a few months now, and will likely remain there for quite some time. It would be nice to see it go to a good home where it would actually get used.

Wow... I love it. Definitely cant afford it, but it encourages me to put some quality work into my RRC and new to me IIa, and maybe someday my IIa will look that nice and I can start looking for a lightweight.
    WAR EAGLE!

65 IIa 88
    95 RRC 25th Anniversary
    98 Discovery LE7
    00 DII (Sold)

It's springtime again, and the Lightweight is out of hibernation & patrolling the streets of East Granby, CT.

I won't have much time to enjoy this vehicle after my other project comes home from the body shop this summer/fall. I'd like to see this go to a good home where someone will use it more than I do.

Additional pictures:

With the Badger Coachworks door tops on and the canvas down:

Interior:

Checking out the articulation on the parabolics (can't risk getting the tires dirty!):

A little dusty, but I'll detail the undercarriage before delivery of the vehicle:

I also installed mud flaps front & rear. You can kind of see them in this picture.
    (I guess I shouldn't call them mud flaps, they're more there just in case I run over something dirty on the pavement, yikes!)

Could be one of the nicest cars I've ever seen.
    1967 Series IIA 88

Amazing JAC.....I remember looking at that Rover before you bought it and saying that way to much work to get drivable never mind restored. Lighweight go for a lot more money in the UK. Might we worth listing it on MILWEB.NET
    GMR Imports
    802-655-4874
    802-324-3370
    gmr4x4.com

I may also be interested in a trade for a Defender 90 (although it would have to be a nice D90, LHD).

Forgot to mention: The Lightweight now has a new Roverdrive installed. Makes the vehicle a lot more road-friendly.