Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Series III ˝ Ton Air Portable (aka “Lightweight”) - Restored

I would like to see the Lightweight go to a good home for the summer. Otherwise, it will just sit in my garage most of the time and go to an occasional car show.

Asking price dropped to $29,900. All reasonable offers considered.

The Lightweight has been sold.

I hope I don't regret it too much.

what did it end up selling for if I may ask?
    GMR Imports
    802-655-4874
    802-324-3370
    gmr4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by derekchace View Post
    what did it end up selling for if I may ask?
    I'm too embarrased to tell.

At $30k I was looking to break even. Luckily, I just went back through all my receipts from the build. Apparently, when I added everything up, I failed to realize that some of the invoices (some very substantial ones too) were credits. So, I had about $8k less into it than I originally thought. So, I ended up making $1k. That means I worked on it for $1/hr. Still way better than paying for professional therapy I guess!!

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    The Lightweight has been sold.

I hope I don't regret it too much.
    you may not, but I will. Will you still be attending British by the Sea? If you don't mind me asking, where is it heading off to?

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Rob-
    It's headed off to Minnesota, so we won't get to see it around here.

I may go to BBTS as a spectator (plus, my brother-in-law and nephew will probably go).

Don't tell anyone, but I may end up getting a 2014 J**p Rubicon X 2-door to scratch my off-road itch. That way I can actually use it a little and not feel bad about ruining something that I spent a bunch of time on. Plus, I'm getting old and it's time for an automatic transmission, air conditioning, a decent heater, seating for 4, not to mention front & rear lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect, etc.

For the time being, I'm through with the hard-core restoration stuff. If my son (or daughter) wants to tackle a car project when they're a little older, I'm up for helping out, but otherwise I really don't have any more desire to spend countless hours in the garage. Like I said, I guess I'm getting old. Hehehe.