Thread: Series II 109 Station Wagon $11,950

Default Series II 109 Station Wagon $11,950

1960 109 Series II Station Wagon $11,950

New Price

I have owned this vehicle since 1985 and it is a daily driver.

Many upgrades, including: Series IIA engine, Salisbury rear end, Fairey Overdrive, Electronic Ignition, Kodiak heater, Rear heater, Capstan Winch, Dual Vacuum Assisted Brakes, CB Radio, AM/FM Radio.

Extras included: Tire chains for all 4 wheels, Repair Manuals, Hi-Lift Jack, Extensive collection of spare parts, Off-Road and Expedition equipment.

Here's a brief history of my Land Rover. According to LR records, it was delivered to Los Angeles in August 1960. I obtained it in the early 80's in Las Vegas. As far as I can determine, it spent those first 20+ years in the desert Southwest. It did not even have a heater in it! It now has a Kodiak heater in the front, and a twin fan rear heater under the rear seat. The frams is in great condition -- solid and no rust. The seats were recovered in Cordura nylon, the stuff used in backpacks, and door panels were done in grey vinyl. I've garaged the Rover ever since I've owned it. I have a 3 ring binder with every receipt and repair order since day one. I've spent over $22,ooo in the 25+ years I've owned the truck. Over time, the entire power train has been updated: Salisbury rear end, drive shafts, Series IIA unleaded engine (2.25 liter petrol), and most recently (about 1000 miles ago) rebuilt transmission and new clutch. There is a capstan winch fitted to the front, Fairey overdrive, and vacuum assisted dual cylinder brakes. It has electronic ignition (no more messing with points!). The front end (swivel balls, etc) has been rebuilt.

Until recently, I drove it every day to a park and ride and then took a bus to work. I've changed work locations and now drive the Rover about once a week. You can get in it and drive anywhere, on road or off.

I'm selling because I'm downsizing to a smaller house, smaller garage, and a bit different lifestyle. I'm including an extensive collection of spares that the new owner will find useful -- brake and carb kits, engine gaskets, starter, fuel pump, radiator hoses, fan belt, thermostats, etc. The Rover also comes with tire chains for all 4 wheels, Hi-Lift jack, service manuals, tow straps, and other off-road equipment.

More Pictures available.

Please contact:

Pete Cummings
    pcummin@gmail.com
    425-260-7383

Default SOLD

Sold 11/5/10