Thread: Head Gasket

Default Head Gasket

Towards the end of a galvy frame swap on my truck. (I know...where are the pictures.)
    Long story short, I put a new composite head gasket on the truck. Assembled the engine and torqued to specs. Pulled the head off the truck yesterday. (The truck has not run since assembly.) Can I use the headgasket or should I wait and order a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Towards the end of a galvy frame swap on my truck. (I know...where are the pictures.)
    Long story short, I put a new composite head gasket on the truck. Assembled the engine and torqued to specs. Pulled the head off the truck yesterday. (The truck has not run since assembly.) Can I use the headgasket or should I wait and order a new one?
    if it looks ok it should be good. I've reused Saab headgaskets on projects before and had no issues.

i dont have a good answer.. but 2 things I have learned..
    gaskets compress when torqued.. so they do change from new?
    would you want to do it again b/c you were in a rush or lazy?
    1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
    1974 SIII 109" RHD