Thread: Staion wagon window glass advice

Default Staion wagon window glass advice

Hi folks,

A long long time ago I picked up a set of Rocky Mountain window tracks for the side windows in my SW roof. These are the aluminum tracks w/ the double rubber track insert. Now I'm finally installing them and looking for advice from anyone who has done so.

Wondering how to hold the rubber track in place, especially on top. Options are to screw through the rubber track when installing or to screw only the aluminum track in place then glue the rubber insert in over the screws. Anyone done this??? What type of glue if that's the answer??

Thanks!!

John O

TeriAnn has an excellent step-by-step for this:

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/LRsideWindow.htm

I just did mine about 1 month ago and I drilled through the rubber and the rail as stated in the directions.
    1968 Series IIa 88 w/ hardtop - SOLD
    1970 Series IIa 88 (parts car)
    M416 Trailer
    2008 Toyota FJ
    2009 Volvo C30
    1983 D110
    http://68landy.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html

Wow - Teri Ann sure has an exhaustive write-up there - Thanks!! (I should have checked her site first)

Unfortunately, my tracks came from RM before they started putting the little lips on them to hold the rubber piece in. I think that if I screw through the rubber it will wind up sagging between the screws (for the upper). I guess I'm going to screw the aluminum tracks in empty and glue the rubber channels into those with RTV. Hope it holds :-)

Thanks all,

John O