Thread: 58 series I

Default 58 series I

hi I could use a little help appraising my 58 88" series I rover , A couple of guys asked about buying it , its road worthy except for the master cylinder could use a rebuild , body has some dents but I have another identical one I was going to use for its straight body panels if I restored it , I guess its a little unique in that it was a canadian govt. special order it has a rear mounted koenig pto winch and a p/u cab style top. My "parts" 88" series I is also complete but someone got a little to close to a small tree and crunched the drivers side fender in , just outside of the frame , frame looks ok. , its also has the safari top. it runs ,I was told but burns some oil. I also have a number of differentials , full floaters front and rear , I could take a few pics , if anyone would like to see them .
    thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnhlrbc
    hi I could use a little help appraising my 58 88" series I rover , .....snip......, I could take a few pics , if anyone would like to see them .
    thanks
    John
    I doubt they are worth very much at all. You should get rid of them before they bring your property value down. In fact, I won't charge you too much to get rid of them.

A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Lets see some photos of it and what you have done to it.

Ok thanks , Ill post a few pics later today

any ideas on value? the black 88 has nice straight quarter panels , the yellow is in pretty good cond. As for what I have done to it , not to much , it needed a axel [short rear] went though the brakes , everything was ok but the master cylinder , and it needs an exaust. the origional color is canary yellow , or close to it.
    Last edited by johnhlrbc; 07-04-2007 at 11:54 PM.