Thread: 1971 IIA 88" for sale

Default 1971 IIA 88" for sale

I really hate to do this but my somewhat newly acquired Rover is for sale. I am being transferred to Salt Lake City, UT and I have too many vehicles as is. I will be living in the city where parking is a premium and cannot afford to store the Rover. Besides, it's not fair to the vehicle.

I am the 3rd owner of this truck and have had it for about 3 months or so. It originally came out of Arizona and the 2nd owner bought it there. The 2nd owner used it for almost 20 years as his 2nd vehicle. He built log cabins and moved around a bit. The Rover resided in Texas as well as Oklahoma for a little while. It has been in Colorado for the last 12 years and was used as his mountain property run around / hunting vehicle.

The GOOD:
    -previous owner had head rebuilt not long before I bought it
    -Weber carb
    -all new wheel cylinders all around (installed by me)
    -vacuum brake booster
    -like new Toyo tires with great tread
    -10,000 lb electric winch
    -excellent bulkhead

The BAD:
    -one small rust hole in rear cross member about the size of a quarter. The previous owner didn't seem to have washed the mud out for a couple of years. I spent almost 2 days cleaning the vehicle inside and out. The packed mud and moisture ate a little hole where the drain plug was....which was never removed The rear cross member is structurally sound and there are no other issues with the frame. The frame still has the factory paint all over it.

-The right hand side front wing is crunched.

-it needs a little more tidying. I have cleaned it up a lot and addressed the braking issues. However, it needs new seats and a headliner.

The Rover runs and drives great. I have driven it about a 100 miles or so. Hard to tell, because the speedo does not work. Overall, it is in good shape as a driver or it is a good restoration candidate.

I don't know why it has early wings on it. The PO said it came like that when he bought it.

Asking $3800 Located in Hotchkiss, Colorado 81419

This Rover has sold.

Thanks.