Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's for breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover View Post
    So the oil stains on the drive would be a midnight snack?
    A little double intendre

Terri-Ann. Thank you that was hilarious Until this discussion I had never heard the term before and being in an ex-colony I have owned British vehicles most of my adult life. So you can add New Zealand to that list.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

seems to me that there some folks who think they know everything, and then there are some who don't but just love to agrue, about anything!!

call it what ever the h*ll you want too! its the front part! if you have an sIII like myself, its the part that breaks! (one of many)

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Quote Originally Posted by jimsshuman View Post
    seems to me that there some folks who think they know everything, and then there are some who don't but just love to agrue, about anything!!

call it what ever the h*ll you want too! its the front part! if you have an sIII like myself, its the part that breaks! (one of many)
    I thought this thread had run its course and was dead but I am under the impression that this last post is aimed directly at me since I provided the answer to the original poster's question. And some people had some good natured fun with the term.

Personally I felt your posting is a bit mean spirited. The gentleman asked a question about origin of a term in common use among internet connected North American Series LR owners. I was there when the term was first introduced to to LRO email list and participated in the discussion at the time. So I felt obliged to answer his question as best as I remember events unfolding. If you were there and remember events unfolding differently, you are welcome to differ with my recollection. Criticize the information I presented if your memory differs but not the person who was trying to be helpful.

However I feel that calling me "a know it all" just because I was trying to answer a question about the origin of a local slang term as best as I could recollect is a bit over the top and contributed nothing to the thread beyond a certain meanness.

And yes I can be argumentative at times but I try very hard to stay away from mean spirited. But if you find my postings to be offensive please feel free to not read them or or disagree with the information that I am presenting (I'm not always right and sometimes misread the question) or complain to the forum moderators about them. I will always respect the moderator's recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I thought this thread had run its course and was dead but I am under the impression that this last post is aimed directly at me since I provided the answer to the original poster's question...

This thread had had run its course. Really no need for a diatribe just because you felt jimsshuman may have possibly posted something "aimed at you".
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Thanks Yorker. Now I know.

Doctor told me :"Take two and call him in the morning"
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

Default fun nee

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    I always thought that was a British thing actually. course we call everything different:

Aluminum vs Aluminium
    Grill vs Breakfast
    Hood vs Bonnet
    Wing vs Fender
    Vegemite vs Ipecac
    Vegemite vs Ipecac<--that thar is fun nee!!
    Last edited by chrismccarthy; 01-08-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: fn good
    67 NADA 109 SW, 97 XD, an ABARTH (wife's), 2004 Evo RS, and two Alfas

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    That's right:

That's some good editing Safe. Did you do Obama's birth certificate too?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

All this breakfast talk is making me hungry for my first leafer. I'll keep lurking and saving my $$ for a IIa...
    Paul
    _________
    '74 SIII
    ex- '99 P38
    ex- '92 RR Classic
    ex- '89 RR Classic