Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: equip list, things to watch for, head gasket project

For me, the more difficult one was the bolt that is north of the one pictured, that is recessed in the head; both sides. Oil pools up in there, and makes it hard to tell if you are on the head, correctly. That's why I say sop up the oil, brakeKleen it, and then place the socket on it.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

those back head bolts are a pain!!! did you replace your timing chain and gears while you were doing the head gasket replacement? If so what tool did you use to get the crankshaft pully off? I'm stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by discocrazy View Post
    those back head bolts are a pain!!! did you replace your timing chain and gears while you were doing the head gasket replacement? If so what tool did you use to get the crankshaft pully off? I'm stuck.
    No timing chain replacement.
    I didn't go that far.
    Disco II, 2000, 90K mi, Northern NJ - http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/Discovery_2000/