Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Buying Rebuilt Engine Sources

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    I disagree...people should only spend money on what I tell them to because I know whats best for everyone.
    Wait you're Nancy Pelosi?

The only one getting bent out of shape is the OP. This thread had a lot of good information contributed to it that would have saved the OP both money and time for both trip and truck.

www.expeditinportal.com. Wade through the BS yourself. There was at one time good info on that forum, at least till the poseurs over ran it...

Hey Terry
    It's not from people throwing a wrench in the mix. It from people who assume that their opinion, is the only one that matters. It's from people who assume one is an idiot, because someone chose to spend their money, on what would make them happy. Not make you happy, make themselves happy. Huge difference there, and that is just rude, plain and simple. There are too many "assumptions" such as stock defender seats. I have series type seats with 3 different foams in them, that are much thicker, and ten times more comfortable the defender seats. I have put roughly 3k miles on, testing the weight distribution, and calculating power needed, driving between 100-300 miles a day, and the seats are just right, thank you. And the assumption that I should only drive a new Cushy Mobile? You do actually like Land Rovers by the way? Right? I am not assuming that 500 miles into the trip we will be miserable, perhaps you would if you took the drive. Your assumptions just do not apply here. Did you assume I thew darts on a board to make my choices? Seems that way. I don't assume anything, I think things out quite well, and will have it well sorted long before we leave. I know what I am capable a lot better than any one else, and I always push myself to that limit, that's just me, and to me how I am going to be at any point in time, is the biggest joke ever. It's very funny how the assumptions come at me, then when I have an explanation for my choice, you assume it's wrong anyway, because you assume only you are right. What I am doing, is fine for us, no assumptions, just facts. Now that engine choice, and seats are covered, what next, Don't like my choice of wheels? Have a great day!
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
    You do actually like Land Rovers by the way?
    3 dozen in 42 years, what do you think?
    I wasn't 'assuming' anything. You only just brought up the back surgery issues, and I didn't make any assumptions, I made a statement based on years of experience, for both myself and countless friends I have accumulated along the way.
    But, why am I not surprised you took my comments the way you did, and came back with another pissy response. You're nothing if not consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric W S View Post
    Wait you're Nancy Pelosi?

The only one getting bent out of shape is the OP. This thread had a lot of good information contributed to it that would have saved the OP both money and time for both trip and truck.

www.expeditinportal.com. Wade through the BS yourself. There was at one time good info on that forum, at least till the poseurs over ran it...
    No, Nancy would take your money and spend it then tell you what it went to after she found out herself what she spent it on! Pass the bill then find out what's in it...gotta love it!

Anyway, there is some good info here. The OP obviously decided to go the ACR route anyway. Who gives a dog log what he spends his money on? It's his money. The most we can hope for is that someone else will come along and use the info to their advantage what ever that may be. All this other crap is just that.....

Agreed about ExPo, still a fun place to waste time though.

Please leave politics out of this and all discussions. thanks. we get enough of that outside of the rover bubble.

P.S. I think this thread has passed its useful point as well.

I agree- have it rebuilt locally. Your mechanic will remove and replace - if he can't do that get a new mechanic because the complexity of a series Rover is 2 steps above a B&S lawnmotor. Research and find a competent machine shop. Those guys are who's going to "rebuild" your engine. A good machine shop will have the specs, or you can supply the specs for the clearances on the pistons, bearings, etc. (Rover shop manual)

The great thing about engine building is that 0.004" clearance is the same whether your working on a Rover or a Rolls Royce.

If your mechanic is "unsure" that he can perform the work - he can't.

P.S. your budget is quite generous and you should have money left over even if it's a total major engine rebuild.

Good Luck!