Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-MOD vs Civilian

I thought you could change a gear in the transfer case to get a better top end, and not have to change the transfer case .
    I have a ex mod 110 200 TDI with the lt77 and was told by Steve Parker Land Rover in the UK that all I had to do was to change a gear, needless to say , its still on the lift at the shop and haven't gotten that far yet.
    Has anyone else have any experience with the gear change out? marc
    www.singingcamel.com

You are quite correct, the gears can be changed. However, I have an abundance of LT-230s and it will be simpler and cheaper for me just to swap out the entire case.
    '55 SI 86

Default RoverDrive

Interesting thread, my two cents worth, I have/love my 110 mod 2.5 na and while I thought about a 200/300 tdi swap, I really like the simple mechanical fuel injection. My 110 came with a RoverDrive unit, similar to the old Fairy units. Seems bullet proof, really extends the top end (Got to 120(kph!) and ran out of nerve). Its another option to consider.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWillis View Post
    Interesting thread, my two cents worth, I have/love my 110 mod 2.5 na and while I thought about a 200/300 tdi swap, I really like the simple mechanical fuel injection. My 110 came with a RoverDrive unit, similar to the old Fairy units. Seems bullet proof, really extends the top end (Got to 120(kph!) and ran out of nerve). Its another option to consider.
    Geoff
    Relax, Its just a little LandRover death wobble.
    67 angry hamsters

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

getting the Ex-Mod 90. I was going to buy a Series III 88 but I didn't fit in the cab I am 6'5" so at least with the 90 I can remove the rear bulkhead and put on seat sliders to get the needed leg room. I am looking for a rear tub as the on I have is in bad shape. so if anyone knows where on is at I would be love to hear about it.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)