Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you AMC's Walking Dead

Wow, lucky you. Don't watch The Road. It will make you both decide not to survive...its dark.
    1960 88" SII Pliny the Elder
    1997 D-90
    "Fear profits man, nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by gudjeon View Post
    No matter what goes down, it is good old fashioned disease that will do everyone in.
    Could be a newfangled disease too!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Default Zombie proofing

Just a couple of ideas...

Walker
    1968 Series IIA-"Ronnie"
    88" SW, 2.25L Petrol, LHD

Awesome thread! I only wish my girlfriend understood. All i get is, "you'll spend all this money on your cars, but not on a ring for me..." my response..."ummmmm..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nium View Post
    Just a couple of ideas...

Way too exposed for my hypothetical apocalypse, though the overall appearance of the top two is fitting

Quote Originally Posted by czenkov View Post
    Wow, lucky you. Don't watch The Road. It will make you both decide not to survive...its dark.
    truth. just saw it over thanksgiving.

Walking Dead is a great show! We had a very similar conversation while watching it - both of us identified the rover as a critical part of our survival.
    Of course, there is something absurd about planning our survival (during a zombie apocalypse) around a brand who's owners get together online and talk about their lack of reliability and how to fix their issues

Then again, give me my Rover and a tool box and I'd feel a lot more secure than my modern computer controlled sedan

While this thread covers several topics, I will give suggestions on other zombie movies to, "...keep the fire burning..." as you say, Clint.

A few of my favorites:

Shaun of the Dead - funniest, with a dash of scary, zombie movie anyone will ever see. My very favorite zombie movie of all time.

28 Days Later - Scariest, in my opinion.

Dawn of the Dead - George Romero, 2004, a bit campy and over the top, but your mention of chainsaw-channels in the windows, is actually used in this flick.

Last of the Living - Like most post-apocalyptic films, only with a fun twist. After all the dust has settled, these three guys live in a flat, and reap the spoils of the post-apocalyptic world. Mostly funny, slightly scary, and at times, boring, but I like the concept.

Dead Snow - Not quite post-apocalyptic, but still zombies. Blood-spraying fun, when med-students go to a log cabin and end up experiencing the wrath of Nazi-zombie soldiers living in the Norwegian mountains since being forced their at the end of WWII. There is more blood splashing around in the last 20 minutes of this film, than an entire lifetime of any butcher shop. All in fun, though.

Great thread!!
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Default Call of Duty:Black Ops Nazi Zombies

I like to play the Nazi Zombies levels on Call Of Duty:Black Ops to keep sharp on current zombie extermination methods.

I figure in a post-apocolyptic world there will be lots of surplus vehicles and weapons to chose from as becoming a zombie seems to remove the ability to operate machinery from them.

I Am Legend is another good zombie flick showing post-apocolyptic survival.

Rick

I'm covered ...