Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you AMC's Walking Dead

"Shaun of the Dead" is an awesome movie!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

A Boy and His Dog is pretty funny bizarro twist on the P.A. genre.

Slightly related, a recently published study by the government says that chances of survival of an urban nuclear blast are greatly increased if you are in a car or basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    A Boy and His Dog is pretty funny bizarro twist on the P.A. genre.

Slightly related, a recently published study by the government says that chances of survival of an urban nuclear blast are greatly increased if you are in a car or basement.
    Or live way out in the country.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    And as always, 1-up’d you Amcordo.

You and your wife need to move to Columbus. I'm pretty sure we'd have some spirited debates at the bars about Zombie population control.

I'm going to use a different tactic, and yes I've had Zombie control on my resume since 2002.

First, which zombies are these? Are they the I Am Legend zombies, or Left4Dead2 zombies? I need to know infection rates, what their primary attack is, and have we developed a cure or is it a free for all?

Second, instead of up-armoring the rover I'd use it as a weapon. I'd set it in a field with some brains in it. Zombies would swarm, eat the brains. Then, they would become obssessed with battling rust, setting the points, and buying accessories. At some point the zombies would be so worn down by the whole affair that they would lay down. At that point I'd trigger a remote spark plug on the pool of oil they just laid down in from the transmission and transfer case and voila: zombie flambe!

http://www.zentastic.com/blog/2009/0...mbie-disposal/

obviously a rover would suit this role better

Default I'm still going through "The Walking Dead" withdrawal....

Awesome show. The exploding head scenes are kind of campy, but that's part of the fun.

Question: Does anyone think the writers have something against southern rednecks? Just saying.....

Another classic of the genre is Omega Man, with Charleton Heston -which was remade into I am Legend. Ol' Charleton is only surpassed by the great William Shatner when it comes to overwrought, over-the -top acting.
    Last edited by TedW; 12-16-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

So glad to come across kindred spirits out there. From the minute I started looking at Rovers I sited zombie preparedness as a reason.

Now my Series III ex-MOD has been christened Zombie I.

As for movies - can't believe no one has brought up the Resident Evil series. Worth watching for Milla Jovavich alone!

Default Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    http://www.zentastic.com/blog/2009/0...mbie-disposal/

obviously a rover would suit this role better
    THAT LOOKS LIKE A JEEP!
    All our Zombies drink tea at parties,
    Jim Wolf

Watched Dead Snow last night ... no rovers, not a great zombie flick...its a pass

Quote Originally Posted by NickDawson View Post
    Watched Dead Snow last night ... no rovers, not a great zombie flick...its a pass
    Nick, I am sorry you didn't like it. I probably should have pointed out that it's only relevance to this thread is that it has zombies in it. I must say that it gets quite ridiculous about 3/4 of the way through it (I thought it started well, though). But I do love the whole, Nazi-Zombie theme; I think there's nothing cooler than a black-eyed, blood-covered fleshy, zombie wearing a Nazi soldier's uniform. And the officers, are even cooler...

I get the feeling that about about half-way through, the production company told them that they would lose all their funding if they didn't finish it in the next 24 hours, or something.

Shaun of the Dead??
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow