Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Importing a Land Rover

One of my friends here at work, his daughter was going on a year-long missions trip to Africa, to Francistown. He bought her a Garmin, and wanted me to show her how to use it, and to find some maps for her.

I downloaded the info from Tracks4Africa and loaded it into her Etrex and showed her how to use it, and off she went. Said it did great. Had one hiccup while there, she emailed him, I replied back to her, and to more problems after that.

It saved her once, actually. Her driver took her and a couple of the others out to a particular place, then when it was time to leave, he started off in a wrong direction, towards nowhere. She had the unit running, realized he wastaking them off to nowhere, made him stop, made him go back out the way they came, and all was well. But, they didn't use that driver anymore.

It may have been innocent, but, it may have been into an ambush, that was their suspicion. Anyway.....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Default wheelman... or possible buyer.

I'm in Chilean Patagonia now, and considering buying a landie down here to drive home(Oregon), but I would rather wait until I'm farther north(maybe Ecuador, Costa Rica, etc.). Maybe we can make our interests work together, either I could drive yours to the states for you or possibly purchase it. Nothing specific in mind, just sounds like we might each be in a position to help the other get what they're after. PM me if interested.