Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on Sankey and IIa wheels

Quote Originally Posted by RoverForm View Post
    something like this?

Very nice and clean. I went for a side drop to make use of the rear tailgate when the tent is open. Of course my trailer is covered in mud and my whole site looks a little more of a sight...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    Of course my trailer is covered in mud and my whole site looks a little more of a sight...
    i'm just wondering why there are wheels strewn all about...

Default old style triangles

Mine is a little different, older style I think. I have a couple of the circles missing on one side per the picture. Thinking I can probably repair it with a circle cut from some flat reflector.

'67 Series IIa
    '11 LR4
    '01 Discovery II
    '71 Sankey

Quote Originally Posted by RoverForm View Post
    something like this?

Well thats the tent and similar trailer. Mine has no tailgate so I'm planning to use a series roof and hinge it to one side and have gas lift struts so the lid will stay open with the tent on the lid. Kind of like Charles did with his 109 tub trailer-attached thumb nail
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    Very nice and clean. I went for a side drop to make use of the rear tailgate when the tent is open. Of course my trailer is covered in mud and my whole site looks a little more of a sight...

This years MAR ? I dragged my sankey there as well but just had firewood and swapmeet stuff in it.
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland 110 View Post
    This years MAR ? I dragged my sankey there as well but just had firewood and swapmeet stuff in it.
    Sure was.

2010 was a good year for my little rover. I got a chance to do quite a few events and catch up with a lot of friends both old and new.

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

I just picked up a sankey without a tub. What is the best option can you buy a tub or is just best to build one from sratch? I am in SE BC Canada so I doubt there is anything close to here. Have to fix the kids D90 first and then after that we are going to tackle the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skookumchuck View Post
    I just picked up a sankey without a tub. What is the best option can you buy a tub or is just best to build one from sratch? I am in SE BC Canada so I doubt there is anything close to here. Have to fix the kids D90 first and then after that we are going to tackle the trailer.
    It depends on what you want to do with the trailer. There are a few things I would change with mine to fit my own use but you might find the standard tub a perfect fit for your use.

I'm not sure where you would be able to find a new tub though. They are known for rusting out so used ones may not be so great. New old stock maybe? If I had a frame without a body, I'd start fabricating. You could make an awesome trailer with not too much labour.

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

I think I will just build up a frame and sheet it with metal panels, with a side opening lid. I would like to keep all of my cooking equipment on it the propane bottles for the grill etc. I was looking at some of the trailers that others have built on other web sites. It will have to go in some pretty rough country so I was thinking the sankey frame and axles would be a good starting point.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

The correct warning triangles are all over Evilbay all the time - - there are or were two or three main makers - - Rubbolite etc - - the ones with small reflectors does show up too - two sets in last month - take offs - tends to go for good money, the small reflectors Im sure are out there if you keep haunting Evilbay UK - -