Default Does this look safe to you?

Looking around for some stuff and found this:
    http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=186
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

They look like a neat product that could really help when setting up an axle assembly due to their adjustability. But, I'm not sure that I'd leave them as-is after installation. It looks like they have a nut welded on top - I assume for a set screw to try to keep them in place. Think about all the force that the spring pads could be subject to during actual operation - side loads, impact loads, vibration, and they have to resist torque as well. I bet they look good on paper (if you calculated clamping force, then used the coefficient of friction to determine what load they could withstand). However, working on industrial & utility coal pulverizers for 16 years has taught me to not always trust the calculations. I would have them fully welded in place.

In the shop, doing the Lord's work, one broken Rover at a time!

Doesn't look any worse than a u-bolt to me.