Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Romp

Default Friday morning

We usually try and leave Friday morning from Deep River and head up 395 at a relatively slow pace.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    You'd better run that by Bruce. I don't think he's too keen on people bringing non rover products, especially if he doesn't know you. I think he's had some less than desireable experiences with people of other vehicle cultures. But like I said, best to ask him. It's his event.
    Dont say anything about the dayglow orange FJ. That will blend right in as soon as he finds a wheelbearing. Right?

Ill be camping/freezing in back looking for things to burn and or poke with a stick.

Looks like I might not be able to make it this year. There just isn't enough time in a day.

Is it silly to ask, what romp?

When, where, is it open?
    1967 Series IIA 88

Quote Originally Posted by SalemRover View Post
    Dont say anything about the dayglow orange FJ. That will blend right in as soon as he finds a wheelbearing. Right?

Ill be camping/freezing in back looking for things to burn and or poke with a stick.
    That was the longest trip to a parts store in my life! 2 1/2 hours each way and no dice to boot.

I hope Bruce has some cool stuff to burn again....

Quote Originally Posted by 73series88 View Post
    when are people heading out
    i want to go from southeastern ct
    im just worried about the ride
    thats a long way
    my rover in tops (knock on wood)
    but you never know
    maybe a caravan?
    aaron
    Aaron,

just check all fluids, be liberal with the di-electric grease, and go slow, you'll make it up there fine. The 109 with the roverdrive got us there in roughly 6 hours, not too bad for the 300 mile trip.

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager View Post
    Aaron,

just check all fluids, be liberal with the di-electric grease, and go slow, you'll make it up there fine. The 109 with the roverdrive got us there in roughly 6 hours, not too bad for the 300 mile trip.

-Rob
    Rob- What connections are you using the dielectric on? I use it on trailer light connections and my snowplow connections.Just wondering what else you are using it on.I've been told that "Never seize " does the same thing of promoting better connections ,anybody concure.
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Rob- What connections are you using the dielectric on? I use it on trailer light connections and my snowplow connections.Just wondering what else you are using it on.I've been told that "Never seize " does the same thing of promoting better connections ,anybody concure.
    I normally put it on all of the spark plug wires (both ends), sometimes a thin bead around the inside edge of the distributor cap, all of the wires going to the coil, and probably unnecessary, but the fuse block of my 109 is under the hood i usually put some on the fuses too (sometimes faulty connections there due to dirt and grime cause my indicators to work intermittently). I have heard of the copper anti-seize grease working as an electric grease but have no personal experience of this. The normal silver anti-sieze does more worse than good on connections.

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

I'm planning on leaving Saint John friday morning and convoy with some other rovers coming down from the maritimes.

I'm looking forward to making it down.. I haven't been in 10 years.

Hopefully it all works out.

John
    1951 I 80" - Summer driver
    1965 IIA 88" - Daily driver
    1964 IIA 109" - Future project...