Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a USA manual for wiring.

Default Looking for a USA manual for wiring.

Hi to all. I am looking for info on my series 3 wiring. I oun or have gotten every book I can find and have downloaded the rave info and searched the web. TerriAnn was nice enough to have sent me some info but alas it is too blurry . She mentioned that she had gotten it from a US market manual. Our hosts show nothing for a US market Series 3, I know not why . All info points to the heater as a US spec item , the rest of the world must be tropical. The 4 way flasher and the oil pressure gauge also must be un needed in the entire rest of the world. Forgive my frustration, I thought this whole "inter web " thing was to have information at my fingertips.
    Funny, I can download plans to build a nuke , or a meth lab but US spec wiring for my landy..... no luck.
    Any and all help in the way of useful info I will catalog for others in my boat. May be we can save it as a sticky.
    If anyone knows the trick to the US manual vs the rest of the world, there are many books for sale on e-bay, trouble is , I can't tell if it is the right or wrong one.
    Oh and FYI. The wife bought me the Haynes restoration manual, lots of pics, hardcover ... useless as crap, no wiring at all.
    For sale cheap.
    Whence came you my brother ? From the East....

I have a US '73 S3 and the green book has not let me down and includes everything i have in the truck with accuracy. I haven't traced every circuit but did go over the diagrams pretty throughly when i got the truck and everything I have had to do so far has been detailed with fidelity. Not sure if there are different versions or editions but happy to share which one I have.
    1995 NAS D-90 Soft Top, AA Yellow
    1973 Series III '88 Hard Top, Limestone
    1957 Series I, Deep bronze green

Wiring Diagrams for Series III
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/ima.../LR-page84.pdf

http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.elec.html#SIII

http://www.landroverweb.com/Pdf-file...III_Part_7.pdf
    (The above links web site http://www.landroverweb.com/landrove...rover-manuals/ )

At least if you already have looked at all those links you can tell us hey I already looked at all those links
    Walker
    1968 Series IIA-"Ronnie"
    88" SW, 2.25L Petrol, LHD

Default Been there done that

Yes, I have looked at those already,
    The first is from our hosts, great at parts , poor at US spec wiring.
    The second and third are british and military british.
    Tell me more about this green book you speak of........
    Whence came you my brother ? From the East....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    Tell me more about this green book you speak of........
    Green book = factory service manual. It should really be one of your first purchases after becoming a Rover owner.

Default wiring

I own a factory repair manual from when I bought my 73 88 in 1974. It is a gray 4 ring binder for mechanics. It does not show any wiring schematic for a series 3 heater.
    It does have a section on heating and cooling. in the Heater fan switch section it lists the brown/orange tracer going to the upper right proturding part of the back of the switch. Below that connects the green/yellow tracer, below that a green/slate tracer.
    Under the blower fan motor section it just shows 2 leads going to the motor, "brown lead with green marker band---to green/slate lead, green lead-- to gree/yellow lead."

I no longer have the 73 so I can't go look. Hope this helps.

gene
    Last edited by ignotus; 01-18-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    Green book = factory service manual. It should really be one of your first purchases after becoming a Rover owner.
    I just looked at my repair operation manual and indeed it does not include either the oil pressure gauge or (less obviously) the warning flashers in the wiring diagram. Happy to look at mine if that would help on specific questions.
    1995 NAS D-90 Soft Top, AA Yellow
    1973 Series III '88 Hard Top, Limestone
    1957 Series I, Deep bronze green

Default flasher system

coming off the #6 side of the fuse with a green wire to the flasher switch. from the flasher switch to the direction indicator switch with a light green/brown tracer wire.
    2 wires comming off the direction indicator switch 1 is Green/white goes to both RH lamps and to warning lamp indicator RN black/red to ground. 1 is green/red goes to both LH lamps and to LH warning light indicator(dash light)
    I can find no reference to the red pull switch located on the facia support or the flasher unit associated with it.

gene

Default oil pressure

the oil pressure was orginally a switch controling a warning light not a guage. It came off the #7 side of the fuse in a white wire down to the warning lamp then out in a white/brown to the pressure switch from thence to ground, probably black.

gene