Thread: Salvage Disco

Default Salvage Disco

My daughter effectively ended the life of my 1996 disco with 217,000 miles last night in a fender bender destroying the L front end. Not Cost effective to put the money into fix so what can i do with it to maximize my dollar!? My wife cried over this thing and now have to also sell my 69 88(see classified) to buy the daughter something else! Bad Day! Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Best way to get more for it is to part it out, if you have the room and the patience. Sorry to hear another has bit the dust...

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
    '76 Series Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

How bad is it? Sure its not worth it to fix?
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Quote Originally Posted by msggunny View Post
    How bad is it? Sure its not worth it to fix?
    X2 post a pic and let some of the folks here look at it. If you can do the work yourself it may not be all that bad.

Hope it's not too late, but one option I had briefly explored was totalling it and then buying it back from the insurance company for a deal, then parting it out. I realize this may not be applicable in all situations, but it could be worth a shot and help you keep the Series.
    1973 Series III, 109, Ex-Mod
    1999 Discovery II, Cataclysmically Lost