Thread: rear main seal question

Default rear main seal question

I'm a little confused about two things with the installation of the seal on a three main bearing engine. First what is silicone grease MS4 and second what is the crankshaft oil seal journal that I am supposed to apply it to. Thanks

Never mind. Boy, long night last night!! Anyway anyone have any reccomendations for a silicon grease sold on this side of the pond?

I use a product called Sil-Glide, available at NAPA (comes in a tube, lasts forever)
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
    '47 CJ2A

Great! Thanks I have a tube in the garage! Also, have you restored your '47? I had a 42 willy's that I traded a gun for. That thing was awesome. Just really COLD in the winter. Still wish I had it!

Quote Originally Posted by cousindave View Post
    Great! Thanks I have a tube in the garage! Also, have you restored your '47? I had a 42 willy's that I traded a gun for. That thing was awesome. Just really COLD in the winter. Still wish I had it!
    I finished restoring it about 2 years ago now, thinking about starting over again on the Rover. Here's a link to the build thread on mine if you're interested (it's only 10 pages long)http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/14...222_page1.html
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '47 CJ2A

Gale, awesome website! Rad through the entire thing. That is one sweet cj!!!

wow gale. great ride and attention to detail in the restoration. enjoyed the write up.
    1970 88 IIA

Sweet flat fender!
    Wish I could find one that wasn't a pile of rust or half a years salary.

Thanks for the kind words. One advantage to having one of those too is that after driving the CJ, the Rover feels like a real car. (Then I drive my wife's FJ Cruiser and that illusion goes away) But it makes for interesting contrasts.
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '47 CJ2A