Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear driveshaft 109 S/W

This picture is with no weight on the axle, no limit straps, hanging all the way down.

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

Anybody? Suggestions?

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

I know it was mentioned before, but are certain this wasn't a 2.6 truck? The driveshafts are shorter as the engine and therefore transmission and xfer case are mounted further back. The other thing is with parabolics you need the longer check straps as they increase the ride height. Maybe you have the standard length?

Are the straps you're using standard straps or are they for para's? I thought the rocky mtn ones came with longer straps for this reason. I dont have them so I may be wrong

Your drive shaft is not the correct length based on what you're describing. It's too long.

This truck was a diesel, the diesel block was bad, and I found a 5 main gas and put it in. the bellhousing, trans and transfer case are the same one that was in it. Besides, all the mounts lineup. I do have the stock length straps. Any body know the length of the extended ones for the parabolics? Our host only showed the stock ones and the spring kit did not come with any.

The shocks don't look like they are right, installed they are just about fully compressed. It seems that when you hit a big enough hole, bump, etc, they will bottom out when the wheel moves up??

I'm still working on the driveshaft issue. Probably just going to have one built by the measurments. I guess this is what you get into when you buy a disassembled truck.

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

This isn't the first time I've heard complaints about shock travel when going to Paras. I think I recall RN sending different shocks out.
    Whether the truck was in one piece or not shouldn't matter. If you're sure that the transmission is in the same spot as original, then it should go together. Have you dissassembled the seemingly correct driveshaft to see if something in the slip joint is binding, bottoming, or otherwise not as it ought to be?