Thread: What size is the metric clutch slave fitting?

Default What size is the metric clutch slave fitting?

I've got a 1982 Series III (RHD) that I'm replacing the clutch hydraulics in (uses the same as the early Defenders). I've got everything except the metric male fitting from the 1/4" tubing to the clutch slave. I know it's an ISO bubble flare on the tube & the fitting is metric with a non-threaded lead, but does anyone know what the actual size & threading is? Near I can guess is that it'd be a 12mm x 1.0 like this one that FedHill sells.
    rikuwoiku — to travel overland.
    1982 Series III 88" (RHD w/2.8L Daihatsu diesel)
    2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.

I spent and hour as Fisher Auto in Waitsfield this afternoon and we found that it's definitely an 11mm fitting, but the 11mm x 1.5 they had only seemed to thread in 1/2 way. At this point, it must be either 11mm x 1.25 or 11mm x 1.0. The problem is, they could only find 11mm fittings for 3/8" lines, not 1/4".

I've got an email into FedHill to see if they've even heard of an 11mm x 1.25 or 11mm x 1.0 (w/non-threaded lead) for 1/4" line w/bubble flare. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

On the other hand, while our hosts couldn't tell me the length of the SIII hard lines to figure out which I need (since mine seems to have the short one going master-to-flex and the long going to flex-to-slave; hence going this route), yet LRSeries has the long one for SIII (both Genuine & Britpart) that appears to be the correct length (and the bends look to be in the correct spots to have straightened/re-bent to make the one I have). That said, it is just a photo. The Britpart one is inexpensive enough that I feel I could get away with cutting it up if it turns out to not be the correct length.
    rikuwoiku — to travel overland.
    1982 Series III 88" (RHD w/2.8L Daihatsu diesel)
    2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.