Thread: Connect oil bleeder to intake on 2.5L NA diesel

Default Connect oil bleeder to intake on 2.5L NA diesel

Hey,

I have a 2.5L NA diesel, ex military and the oil bleeder hose runs into a container instead of connecting to the air intake. Would it run better to connect it to the air intake?

I was told it was like this because people famously over fill the oil on these and it is supposed to help somehow, but when driving for longer runs, the oil stinks.

Just thought I would through it out there.

Peace,
    James

Mine had a hose leading to a small canister on the side of the head that drained to the pan and had another hose going to the intake with an inline PCV valve. It was always making an oily mess. Mike at Brit Rest had me run a hose from the cap to the intake and block off all the rest of the plumbing. I have had no problems since.
    67 angry hamsters

Thank you, Ill give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDover View Post
    Mine had a hose leading to a small canister on the side of the head that drained to the pan and had another hose going to the intake with an inline PCV valve.
    That canister is the air/oil separator and gives all the oil suspended in the blowby air a place to gather and drip back into the oil pan (as opposed to continuing back to the intake manifold and gumming up the intake system and valves).

Other versions of the 2.5...not sure if earlier or later variants...just route the blowby air from the valve cover breather to the intake side of the air filter element, allowing all that blowby oil to be caught by the air filter.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).