Thread: srs light flickers and then stays on

Default srs light flickers and then stays on

Hi I have a 1995 LWB and after a couple weeks with no battery installed (unsure if its is related) i got the SRS light coming on and staying on. I'm not sure if it means anything but it seems to flicker at first then stay solid. Is this a code? My old car used to give codes where you had to count flashes.

I tried searching the forms but becuase of the 3 letter words being ignored rule SRS, air, and bag all dont get results.

thanks again everyone
    Last edited by Ed*; 01-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.

since you mentined a dead battery, the srs probably stored a high resistance code similar to that of a defective clock spring.
    the blinking indicates a "permanent or hard code" you should be able to clear it with proper LR diagnosis tool.. no way to clear other wise.
    best hint.... keep the battery well charged.

sorry i never followed up on this with the results. Just in case someone else has the same issue i figured I should post the fix.

just like i was told by the poster above it was a code. I took it to the shop and the hooked it up to the test book (yep they let me borrow it in the parking lot) and hooked it up to the connection on the passenger side under the dash and reset the code. SRS all better now.

thanks RN