Thread: 1969 Bugeye Series IIA with overdrive in Portland, OR $6,750

Default 1969 Bugeye Series IIA with overdrive in Portland, OR $6,750

Mechanically well restored 1969 Series IIa Model 88 (2 door) with overdrive for sale. This has been an excellent Land Rover and will be the perfect car for someone looking for a daily driver. I am actually the second owner on the title, and have had it for about half that time. The engine, transmission, hydraulics, electrical harness, brakes, fuel system, exhaust and many other systems have been replaced or redone. It’s an original Land Rover where it matters, and has been upgraded where it counts too. The carburetor was replaced with a two barrel Weber along with an electronic ignition system. An ARB rear locking differential with air compressor has been added as well. The factory installed overdrive is alone worth over $1,000 and allows for good highway driving.

Engine: Full rebuild
    Transmission: Full rebuild
    Clutch: Full replacement when engine rebuilt
    Brake system: Full hydraulic replacement, rear shoes replaced June 2010
    Electrical system: Wiring harness replaced and electronic ignition added
    Differential: Rear differential replaced with ARB locking differential
    Suspension: Bushings replaced with long life poly bushings
    Fuel: Replaced tank, fuel pump and fuel filter
    Exhaust: Replaced muffler
    Carb: Two barrel Weber
    Hubs: Warn locking front hubs

The VIN is 24435864F. It is a rare "bugeye" and came with many extra options including overdrive and original RPM gauge. Along with my title I actually have the original title from 1971. It really is a tremendous Rover and would make someone very happy as a daily driver or as a car to renew to show condition. I am selling it because I no longer use it as my primary car and it belongs with someone who would. Well over $15k invested in it over the years, if painted and renewed on the inside it really would be an outstanding car to show off but it drives fine as it is now. It's always been an Oregon/Washington car where they do not salt the roads so the frame is in good condition. More questions welcome, the car has made me very happy and it's time for someone new to have fun with it. Car is in Portland, OR.

Price: $6,750 Contact: Jim at jamescschroeder[nospam]@yahoo.com (delete the [nospam] to email)
    Last edited by 69SeriesIIaForSale; 10-03-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: New Price

Default More photos

More photos

Default Even more photos

Even more photos

Default New Price!!!

Priced to sell at $6,750. You won't find one with more updating done for less.