Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Redesigned Defender

thats hideous!!
    1964 Series IIa 109" Pick-Up RHD
    1965 Series IIa 88" Wagon LHD
    1968 Series IIa 109" Station Wagon LHD

Puke
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

"[The DC100] isn't a production-ready concept but the beginning of a four-year journey to design a relevant Defender for the 21st century."

That quote was from the BBC. I assume that still gives the design team 4 years to come to their senses. I would find it hard to believe that they eliminate the iconic defender design. It could be a Range Rover spawns the Range Rover sport type of situation that both have their niche.

Granted redesigning the defender is a fairly impossible task, this is utter ****e. I'd say more but I'm irritated beyond belief (I'm a designer so I get pretty worked up about missing the mark so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Granted redesigning the defender is a fairly impossible task, this is utter ****e. I'd say more but I'm irritated beyond belief (I'm a designer so I get pretty worked up about missing the mark so far).
    Wheels = super distracting
    Front end = super distracting

I wonder what the reaction to the rest would be if you put regular wheels and a current Defender front end on it? Or do they need the sloped front end for new safety regulations??

Was super excited to finally see this....but wow my wife likes my Series III better now with its faded military paint from 20 years ago.... ugh!!!

Land Rover -- DC100v2 a bit less offensive (IMHO)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
    Last edited by cetesse; 08-30-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added photo

the only upside to that design is that it will make older Defenders far more valuable and make me appreciate my Series that much more
    Best,
    Mark

I dont even want to know what kind of mechanicals are under this yuppie mall cruiser POS. No one is gonna want one of these in a 130 work truck. I am going to keep my 90 forever because the will never make anything worth owning again.
    67 angry hamsters

Nissan already did it...

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

C'mon folks - you should have seen this coming. How many ownerships ago was the Defender designed in? It was a completely different company back then. Their market just isn't the same anymore, so why would they create a machine even similar to the Defender? They're not the working people's vehicles - they're luxury so of course the new model reaches for that rather than practicality. Sad, but makes sense.

Oh. And if I was going to spend whatever assinine amount they're going to charge for it I would just buy a Grand Cherokee or a nice Cadi and drive in more luxury/reliability. AND look good while doing it. Fools.