Thread: disco II 2001 firing

Question disco II 2001 firing

When the car sets overnight, it is very sluggish to start the next day. It does seem to be fuel related/ ignition related/fuel pressure related. It has a brand new fuel pump thinking that was the problem. There are no lamps/faults lit.... it seems to be something related to firing. The narrowest that I can get read by my personal mechanic is there is showing a soft code misfire. update I had it service by certified land rover technicians. they could not definitively determine the cause for difficulty in cranking. they verified fuel pump is working with test light. they were at a lost, they let it sit several days . it would not consistently duplicate this problem. so i got the car back and it cranked beautifully until late that evening. now it will not crank..... the only other idea they could think of was the crank sensor..... what do you experienced rover tech's think and advise. If you have suggestions submit on this forum or better yet give me a call... My name is Doug and my cell is 336/592-0253
    Last edited by bluerover95; 10-29-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: update for feedback

your post is a bit confusing, when you say "sluggish" a technician may think "lethargic" thus a starting or charging issue, a bad battery or starter, bad ground thus causing excessive resistance or amp draw to be able to power ecu properly.
    on the same token you explain everyone has looked at ignition and fueling to no results.
    I guess you mean the engine turns over fast, but occasionally it does not catch but simply turns for an extensive period of time before catching?
    if this is the case you may have one or two of the folowing issues.
    first issue... replace your fuel filter.
    second issue.. when it fails to stay running upon start .. see if you have spark, if you dont, check the fuse for the coils located in the box behind the knee bolster.
    if this fuse is good but there is no power to it thru ignition cycle, look into replacing the fuse box assembly as this are beggining to develop internal issues with shorts.
    best of luck.