Thread: '69 Series IIa 88 in Va.

Default '69 Series IIa 88 in Va.

SOLD 10/28
    1969 88 Series IIa for sale $2,500/obo
    LHD, Running, driving project, probably a better field truck than a restoration project. Was driven about 150 road miles in August with no problems. Truck has had body off for inspection, is back together with enough bolts to drive (just a few in floorpans, fenders, etc.) to ease subsequent disassembly if the new owner desires. Wiring harness is out (running on a small harness I built for starter/alternator) because I removed it thinking I would remove the bulkhead. Harness complete, photographed, drew schematics and have factory shop manual with wiring diagrams. Heater core surround rusty and removed, core ok. Fan removed as well but runs. Have dash top bar/defrost assembly and defrost hoses. Wiper mechanism removed as well during bulkhead inspection, wipers work on both speeds. All parts/ extras in back of truck.
    New intermediate pipe and muffler/rear pipe. Weber 34 ICH, electronic ignition, Delco alternator, Superwinch hubs. Decent Goodyear Wrangler 31's on 15” rims. Dark green outside with white hardtop, light green front inside with blue bed and one blue door . Door bottoms aren't bad, rear door good. Left door top rusty inside. Deluxe seats with a few tears but pretty decent.
    Comes with the original green rear tub (iffy), a complete extra hardtop (top disassembled from side windows for easier transport), extra rear door (crusty). Two bins of spares, extra differential pig, 4 carbs, new uninstalled front springs/U-bolts, new brake shoes in boxes, etc..
    Frame has galvanized rear member over what I can best describe as a marginal frame. Rot in rear members forward of rear frame member (at bottom) that I believe can be repaired. Front left frame horn is quite rotten all the way back to about the spring bump stop but the front crossmember seems sound. Right horn is better, rot where bumper mounts. Right bulkhead outrigger starting to show some rust, others outriggers sound. Some rot on bottom of trans crossmember. Bulkhead has rust where heater mounted, both door post bottoms, lower outside right floor, small spot at dipswitch, on top of dash between vents but is solid in the center bottom areas.
    Engine starts great, is relatively dry except for the front seal and runs quietly. I thought it was down on power but figured out that I have a dragging brake. Timing is steady under timing light with little to no scatter, so I assume the timing chain is ok.
    Brakes pull to the right, brake lines all need replacement. Firm pedal, master seems ok (no leaks). Clutch master and slave are dry and work fine as well.
    Gearbox has bearing noise. I couldn't hear it when I bought the truck because the exhaust was missing. Now that the exhaust is nice and quiet the gearbox is obvious. Shifts fine, has never jumped out of gear but is very noisy on overrun and under any load. High and low range seem to work fine. Leaks out of the rear output shaft (odo housing) seal.
    Steering box leaks at the O-ring. A lot. Steering relay appears to have been replaced (dry outside, oil inside) along with track rod and one joint.
    Axles, swivel balls seem ok. Rear hubs dry, fronts seep.
    Virginia title in hand and in my name. I paid $3k for it in August and bought the exhaust, so I'm asking less than I have in it – overall, the truck is too much project for me.
    To reiterate – it runs, is assembled lightly, extra parts (except extra top and rear tub) are in the back and it's ready to drive onto your trailer or for you to use as a farm vehicle as-is.
    Located near Charlottesville, Virginia.
    Thanks,
    Ted
    tedandlisa AT embarqmail DOT com
    Last edited by tedanator; 10-28-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: SOLD Rover

Default For sale

Is the rover still for sale?
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrover725 View Post
    Is the rover still for sale?