Thread: Finding Wading Plugs

Default Finding Wading Plugs

Well I am having an issue trying to find the wading plugs for my defender 300tdi... took a look on RR and found the fording plug, does anyone know if this is the right one for both plugs? supposed to be 1/4 bsp, also what does bsp mean???

Can someone point me to the right site to buy some of these wading plugs because I havent found a thing in the States.

Thanks

bsp is probably a british standard pipe thread. try our hosts for a correct replacement.

I actually did get some. they are standard fittings so it will be no problem finding spares. I was very suprised through my search for them I found that many people dont know what they are, or that they should use them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USLandy View Post
    I actually did get some. they are standard fittings so it will be no problem finding spares. I was very suprised through my search for them I found that many people dont know what they are, or that they should use them!!!
    Good to know they are standard size plugs, that should make life much easier.

Frankly I'm not surprised that many folks don't know what they are.

Use NAPA #704-1361
    A nice little drain plug with a plastic gasket. Works perfectly as a wading plug.
    M14x1.5 if you want a bolt (but the NAPA plug is better)
    '83 110 // '58 107