Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $84K question

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT View Post
    but what do you think it would cost to get a 109 into that condition? And done at professional hourly rates , not at home?
    Here in CT, you are looking at about $70/hour labor for a reputable restoration shop that is capable of performing real restoration-quality work. I put in 1000 hours on my Lightweight restoration/refurbishment. I would say that a professional shop would need about that number of hours for a 109 restoration. That's $70,000. Now depending upon the original condition of the vehicle, you are looking at somewhere between $10k and $40k in parts & materials ($10k assuming you could restore & re-use most parts). So, I'm thinking $80k to $110K if you simply brought a 109 to a professional shop for a turn-key restoration. In other parts of the country, the labor would cost half as much, so figure $45k to $75k.

Well shop rates are 100 an hour by me. But heres the kicker. One rarely gets back what we put into it. For that money i would go 110. If they get what they want for it, good for them. What I like about Rovers is that, they havent been priced as if they were gold, like the " other Land things". Save for this one though.
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

When you're selling somemthing, it doesn't matter what it cost you to make it what it is. That's irrelevant. The only thing that matters when you're selling something is the amount market is willing to pay for the item you have for sale at the time you have it for sale.

It only takes one willing buyer to prove that this is an $85,000 109. In absence of the one willing buyer, the value must lie somewhere else at this particular point in time.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).