Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: You know your driving a series rover when...

Your better half has to fight the dogs for a seat 'cause its time for a ride.
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Patrol View Post
    Your better half has to fight the dogs for a seat 'cause its time for a ride.
    LOL
    My dog loved riding in the back, even if it was just to the other side of the house to park it after hauling a load of wood up.

I like the one about every 3rd person calls it a jeep. I was about to give my daughter crap about that one day until I realized she was pulling my chain, got me good!
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

...when the smell of 90 wt gear oil comforts you the same way as the smell of your parents home when you walk in.

...when your 1.5 year old figures out how to fire up the engine the moment your attention turns to the mess in the backseat (don't worry, it was in neutral...I'm not that daft).

...when the same daughter, if given the choice, always chooses the Rover since it is the "cool" car during weekend adventures into town.

...when it is the only vehicle that has performed reliably over the course of the 12 years you have owned it, despite all the times it has left you stranded on the side of the road.

...when you put in parabolic springs and suddenly you are willing to make an argument for how comfortably it rides.
    Seth

'67 IIa 109 Station Wagon (the daughter's toy)
    2003 XC70 (for the dog)
    2006 XC70 (for the wife/daughter/son)
    2002 650 Dakar (for trip planning purposes)

Default yes, the love

parabolics do enhance the luxury ride of a Rover, yes,
    add one more, this is true,
    ....when you meet people like an army Vet.(US) from the Vietnam era, who told me stories of rescuing injured soldiers, in a Land Rover, (the Australians used them, My88 is ex MOD) and with a tear in his eye said,and I quote "we chose land rovers because they went places the Jeep's would not go".
    you meet great people driving Rovers!

Got some more..lol

Your wife says " hell no you are not selling your truck" despite the complaints about the waterproofed driveway.

Same wife says you should put a nice stereo in it, but then after her first ride she says save the money its useless.

At a four way stop, they wave you to go first even though they have right of way.

You look for parts before they break so you know exactly who has it when you need it.
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

few more;
    slower traffic keep right means you
    The only time you hit the speed limit is through construction sites
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

You've become accustomed to the constent horns beeping and now consider the one-finger salute a greeting

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    LOL
    My dog loved riding in the back, even if it was just to the other side of the house to park it after hauling a load of wood up.
    Ours get upset if they see the 88 pull out and they're not in it.

By "loved" are you emplying your pups watching over you and the Landy?...I hope not.

When people as stop lights ask you are those real machine guns?
    At least this happens all the time with mine.