Thread: white exhaust

Default white exhaust

Help! Had pinging in car now white exhaust that doesn't go away and when in park and accelerate seems as if moisture/water comes out as well

Is it over heating at all? Could be a blown head gasket.

Not over heating, did once appears to have run dry when did but fine now! not leaking. Not burning smell or sweet smell just is.

Do a leak down test, skip compression check a leakdown will give you more info. Under a $100 you can buy the gauges. Where are you? Metrowest I can do it for you. Pull the spark plugs and see what they look like, if one is cleaner than all the rest (steamed off) then your pumping coolant into that cylinder, could be a couple of things.

Why was it pinging?

Could have slipped a liner, head gasket, cracked block? Hard to tell without some more diagnosis. Hopefully something much more simple.

Leak down!

sorry so long on reply just had head gaskets replaced, seemed fine but has a weird vibrating sound when continuous speed or when slowing down on acceleration. But if totally let off gas stops the sound until a continuous speed again. Plus a thudding sound every so often. My husband thinks flywheel as seems to be for acceleration? Does well doesnt lose power on hills but starts a strange ping? again no loss of power

I dont know where on this site to find rebuilt engines any suggestion? Found the sales section. Says no parts not looking for parts want engine? Anyone can help direct me would like the help.

Where are you located?