Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily Driving

I use my 88 as a DD. Its not bad provided you keep the proper mind set...0-60 mph this week and to heck with the rat race.
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrover725 View Post
    Joe,
    My wife would ****** me though if i bought another set of new seats. Those will come in time.
    I hear that. Mine flipped when I discussed replacing the original seats. Too bad you can't just purchase the hi-backs w/o the bottoms

I DD my 74 series III 88" for a 60 mile round trip commute and for general life-imposed driving around tasks.

For me, OD is essential. Highways are still boring, but not dangerous with OD.

I've upgraded the headlights which helped me significantly.

Other that those, +2 on the correct mindset.

OD is a must for attempting anything above 40mph, IMHO. If I'm just running around town I don't even bother but highways, as you mention, are an entirely different thing.

i put used bestop jeep seats in mine.
    75 bucks. so comfortable. longest ride ive taken is 6 hours to winter romp. no back issues at all. i sit in my wifes mazda 3 and im squirmiing in 5 minutes. the tuffy box is very comfortalbe as a arm rest / coffee holder.
    i do drive mine everyday to work and around town. getting up at 530 and getting into a cold rover to goto work isnt fun for the first couple of miles in the winter. but maybe if i ever get my heater blower fixed it iwll be fine.
    aaron
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe

I drive a series truck every day work , play, chores, everything. Have also used them on a trip of 900 miles one way and a number of 300 mile trips one way. Mostly in my SIII witha SIIA exmod as a backup. I don't have many issues with doing so. I have not done much over a stock truck. I do have a bit of sound dampening which helps with noise. I will say that I would have been in a bind for a while had I not hade a backup truck.
    Prefer driving these over my wifes toyota.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Quote Originally Posted by 73series88 View Post
    getting up at 530 and getting into a cold rover to goto work isnt fun for the first couple of miles in the winter. but maybe if i ever get my heater blower fixed it iwll be fine.
    aaron
    I know the feeling. Mine warms up for 15-20 minutes before I ever venture out and then it take 5 or so miles to ge the tranny warm.

You have a heater that works?

Quote Originally Posted by 73series88 View Post
    i put used bestop jeep seats in mine.
    75 bucks. so comfortable. longest ride ive taken is 6 hours to winter romp. no back issues at all. i sit in my wifes mazda 3 and im squirmiing in 5 minutes. the tuffy box is very comfortalbe as a arm rest / coffee holder.
    i do drive mine everyday to work and around town. getting up at 530 and getting into a cold rover to goto work isnt fun for the first couple of miles in the winter. but maybe if i ever get my heater blower fixed it iwll be fine.
    aaron
    Did you have any issues with the seat mounts?

nope
    took the tracks out and bolted right up through the seat box.
    they fit right inbewteen the original bottom seat frames
    so i didnt loose the rigidty of the seat box. opened up a hole in front of the toolbox that i never use any, and put some fender washers and nylock nuts so they dont loosen up. dropped the gas tank on the other side and did the same thing. have fun
    aaron
    Last edited by 73series88; 01-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe