Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rover Park Boys

Default Rover Park Boys

Anyone have any input on dealing with Mark at Rover Park Boys?
    1973 SIII RHD 2.25 Petrol
    1992 RRC Hunter

patience..
    1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
    1974 SIII 109" RHD

I haven't purchased from them, but I did contact them about buying a "performance" 2.25 motor a couple of months ago. Great guys, good pricing, but as rejeep said, they are VERY slow to respond.

I had a particularly poor experience with them. I purchased an 8:1, rebuilt head a couple years ago. Installed the head and immediately stuck an exhaust valve. Didn't recognize it at the time and had the bottom of the engine completely rebuilt over the course of the following year. Reinstalled the Rover Park head and stuck a valve again. The folks who did the bottom end job checked the head and found all the guides to be too tight. Also never heard back from RPB them when I enquired about my core charge refund (email).
    To be fair I have not tried to approach them again with the head rebuild issue to see what they would be willing to do. Perhaps I should.

Patience....................I ordered the parts for my motor on Sept 9, I have yet to see the complete order. I've exchanged numerous e-mails all with the response of "....we will have that all right out." They were extremely quick on the running of my card though!

I will not be using them again.
    1973 SIII RHD 2.25 Petrol
    1992 RRC Hunter

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

I bought some parts from them for my Rover and they sent them out to me right away and they never charged my card until after I had them. I also ordered a block heater from them but it hasn't showed up yet and that was over a month ago. So my experince with them has been more good than bad.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Nice guys - I agree with the patience bit
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Kind of boils down to chasing somebody around to spend your money.
    I've had a 10-week episode (that's 2.5 months) back in the spring/summer trying, trying to get delivery of a lost-in-shipping RM parabolic spring pack for one corner. It was all very "fuzzy". Yet, whenever I did reach RPB by phone--quite helpful and courteous. Problem solved when product was shipped from BP to me. No hard feelings here, just needed to add patience.

sorry never heard of with them
    aaron
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe

I tried to use them when I lived in Calgary (buy local, you know). After several attempts to spend money with them (see the earlier note about working hard to spend money), I gave up. I received a few excuses about why they didn't respond, but, over the course of a few months, nothing changed. I guess I didn't have enough patience.
    77 88" SIII County SW
    82 Jp CJ8