Thread: Nepaug State Forest, CT

Default Nepaug State Forest, CT

Anyone ever been? It's hard to find a place to get dirty in CT.
    72 SIII

Though people do it, it is illegal there so don't get caught.

I have found a great network of trails in south eastern ct in the griswold/north stonington/voluntown area. All on state land and legal, some of the trails still come up on google maps as roads. If i wasn't leaving for school this monday I'd offer to meet up and go for a ride. Aaron and I loosely plan a weekend of camping and off roading around the british by the sea show in waterford in June. Last year we had a great turnout, it would be great to see even more series on the trails this year. Here are my pictures and video of the weekend and the trails: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d858904081

Also, if you're on facebook I made a group for CT Rover owners through which anyone in the area can plan or organize trail rides and swap parts, people post on there and hit the trails pretty often.

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Thanks for the info and the link Rob, I'll try a little harder to get to BBTS this year.
    I was hoping to find something a little closer for now. Stonington is kind of a hike. I miss the old days when you could drive the power line trails just about anywhere.
    72 SIII

i think you still can drive the trails legally as long as you stay off the power lines

Yoc, All the power lines near me are fenced off. Maybe I need to head out to the country side. My other problem is the length of time it takes me to get anywhere. 50 on the flats 30 on the hills.
    Do you have any good spots?
    72 SIII

yes the res. by your house is off limits now. did a lot of trailing in the past up there. i still go to nepaug. enter from rt. 202 heading towards torrington, canton recycling road near job lot/ saybrook fish house, or off rt. 44 heading towards satans kingdom tubing. first left after the bridge then first left. trail starts to go down hill. pretty washed out at first, low range, first gear area. if you go to the rocky hill ferry, go past the parking lot and head out into the turf farm. depending on the weather its a nice two wheel drive or it can be pretty muddy. alot of wildlife to be seen. go after the river floods and then recedes and you can see large fish landlocked in pools. i'll let you know when i remember other places, tom

Thanks, I mite head over to Rocky Hill this afternoon.
    72 SIII