Thread: Wipers wiped out

Default Wipers wiped out

I just got this 91 RRC. The thing has to go thru inspection and the wipers don't work. I pulled off the bonnet and decker panel, got the wiper motor out and replaced it with one from one of my parts trucks. still nothing. I hope its the timer relay, as I have one spare. Maybe it's the switch? Dunno.
    Anybody with a pre 92 wiper motor, I'd be interested. They are NLA.

May be a silly question, but did you try either motor direct from a battery? I had a similar problem with my rear wiper on my '95. Changed the motor-nothing; changed the switch-nothing;changed the fuse and relay-nothing. Turned out to be a feed wire going to the switch (bad plug). So, I had forgotten the basic rule of electrics, "Start At The Source." A time consuming and expensive lesson to remember, late.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Nah, haven't done anything so sensible yet. Briggs offered me one of his spares, so I'll wait til that arrives before going in again.